Completed The X-Files (Season 11) [FOX]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
12347798_934481149922952_6109290659968740041_n.png

It’s official! After months of speculation, THE X-FILES will return to FOX in the form of a six-episode event series. Thirteen years after the original series wrapped (plus two films released theatrically), THE X-FILES creator/executive producer Chris Carter will helm the new series alongside returning stars, David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) and Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully).

Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman as well as Carter made the announcement earlier today, stating that the new series will begin production this summer. No further details were discussed, but with the production start-date so close, expect additional news to come to light rather soon.

Said Newman and Walden of returning to the world of Mulder and Scully:

We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of THE X-FILES — one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers — and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again. THE X-FILES was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as THE X-FILES and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.

THE X-FILES originally aired in September 1993 and continued on for nine years, winning numerous awards including Emmys, Golden Globes and a Peabody. A certified sci-fi phenomenon, the show followed the unexplained cases of FBI Agents Mulder and Scully as they solved mysteries and crimes related to the paranormal and unknown.

Attachments

• xfiles11.jpg
    xfiles11.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,858
Last edited by a moderator:
probably my fave tv show of all time. got stupid in later seasons because of duchovny leaving, but still an amazing show up through like season 5

Xtop-yes, I LOVE this show. The later seasons were tough to watch for me, and the way the show ended was very anti-climatic. But I keep a light on for some proper ending for fans...;)

Yes, X-Files served as the basis for several current shows in terms of concepts and style. Definitely continue watching-there is some interesting stuff in there...

I actually loved this show too, but strangely enough never bought a season or watched a full season to my knowledge. I would LOVE an entire blu-ray set. I'd buy.

digitalbabe said:
I am trying to remember what "peacock" episode you're talking about, LOL...

If you saw it you would never forget it. I believe it was banned after it first aired. I was one of the "lucky" folks who saw it. It was about the peacock family. They were into the incest and they were trying to have a baby girl with thief mother who had no arms or legs and they kept her on a creeper under the bed. They kept having baby boys that they would kill and bury in the back yard. Good writing there lol.

Glen-no I did see that episode. They had the house all rigged and were very twisted. It felt like a mini-horror movie! Very good episode-and yes, even a few years later, we still say that it was probably the most creepy episode!

Bumpin' this for the hell of it, LOL-I love me some X-Files! I wish the whole set were released at once on Blu-not one at a time at $69, LOL! (No announcement has been made yet).

Well, my and other fans' hopes may be coming true. Seems X-Files 3 is being deloped per Screen Rant. Hopefully it's not a dud like "I Want To Believe":)

David Duchovny says the script for the ‘X-Files 3′ movie is currently being written and that the threequel will be similar in tone and content to the original TV series.

X-Files-3-Being-Written.jpg

There are a dwindling number of fans out there who still want to believe (sorry, couldn’t resist) that the dynamic duo of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully will grace the big screen yet again in The X-Files 3.
David Duchovny took a break recently from (theoretically) writing screenplays down in California and opened up about a third X-Files movie, saying that it is very much on the way.

While the first X-Files movie, Fight the Future, was generally well received by moviegoers and grossed a healthy $189 million at the worldwide box office back in 1998, the sequel, I Want To Believe, was delayed by a decade and it showed – in terms of both the quality of the film and ticket sales. Duchovny was interviewed recently by the French TVMag and addressed the idea of an X-Files 3, which has been rumored for the last two years, even after the poor performance of the second X-Files.
Here’s what Duchovny is quoted as saying (note: this was translated from French):
“[The X-Files 3] is in the process of being written. One awaits just the green light from Fox, a little disappointed from the relatively poor reception of the second film. The error comes, in my opinion, that the authors strayed too far from the roots of the series. Moreover, the film was released in the summer. The third will be much closer to what the public expects, with government conspiracies, etc.”
The-X-Files-3.jpg

The X-Files TV show was a cult hit back in the 90s and was very much the predecessor to the current Fox sci-fi series with a devout fan following, Fringe. Fight the Future tied in nicely to the overarching storyline of the X-files series, which involved a secret alien invasion/colonization of Earth, and was released at a time when the show was still at the peak of its popularity. I Want To Believe had a messy narrative and hit theaters six years after the show’s last season – though it still managed to gross enough worldwide in theaters alone to cover its relatively cheap $30 million production budget.
Fox would be more likely to green light an X-Files 3 that, as Duchovny says, deals with the kind of subject matter (ie. public mistrust of government, elaborate institutionalized conspiracies involving aliens and the supernatural) that featured heavily throughout the original TV show – if only because that’s exactly what X-Files fans that are still holding out for a third would want to see.
We’ll keep you posted on the development of The X-Files 3 as more information is released. In the meantime, feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about the project in the comments section below.

hey,
i absolutely loved X-files, the only times that i didnt was when shows were about alien abductions, just threw it off for me. They should have stuck to their roots of the show, dealt strictly with the macabre and local horror stuff. Their episodes were sooo good.
if the complete series were to come out on Blu, i would definetly buy, and if they actually make another movie, i would definetly go and see......
thats my .02 Cents lol :)
oh and, yes, iremeber the Peacock episode, i just didnt know the name, was freakin creepy, and thats what people remember

The Peacock episode everyone is talking about was titled Home. Extremely creepy episode.

One of my top ten favourite series. I loved all the alien stuff and the government conspiracies that resulted. But I'm a big sci-fi fan and not into so much the horror aspects of the series. I own the complete series on dvd and the two movies on blu-ray. And I guess I would rebuy the series on bluray or at least Seasons 1-7.

I hope to squeeze in re-watching the series before another movie/Blu-Ray comes. With time short, we'll see if that ever happens, LOL

2 years back... pre-rehab i bought all 9 seasons on dvd and was watching like 3-4 a day for 2 months before it was over... good times good times lol... since i dont remember it that much ive often thought of revisiting them