USA They Call Me Mister Tibbs - The Organization (Double Feature) (Blu-ray) (Kino Lorber) [USA]

lenticularis

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: July 19, 2022
Purchase links: Kino Lorber - Amazon
Price: $17.97 (KL) - $19.99 (Amazon)

SPDFbr.PNG

This Double Feature Includes Both Sequels to the Classic, In the Heat of the Night.

THEY CALL ME MISTER TIBBS (1970) In this suspenseful sequel to In the Heat of the Night, screen legend Sidney Poitier (Lilies of the Field) reprises his role as the intrepid investigator who this time must solve a puzzling murder in the city by the Bay. Featuring an original score by the great Quincy Jones (The Getaway), They Call Me Mister Tibbs! is an absorbing mystery that ranks as one of the best of the genre… when a prostitute is murdered in San Francisco's ritzy Nob Hill district, an anonymous tip implicates minister and political crusader Reverend Logan Sharpe (Martin Landau, Without Warning). Lt. Virgil Tibbs (Poitier), who has known Sharpe for many years, asks to be assigned to the case in hopes of clearing his friend's name. So begins the detective's journey through a twisted maze of baffling evidence, frantic chases, deadly gunfire and bad alibis. Before long, Tibbs finds himself bitterly torn between his duty as a cop and his loyalty to a friend. Directed by Hollywood great Gordon Douglas (Barquero) and featuring a stellar supporting cast that includes Barbara McNair (The Organization), Edward Asner (TV’s Lou Grant), Anthony Zerbe (The Dead Zone) and Jeff Corey (Jennifer).

THE ORGANIZATION (1971) Screen icon Sidney Poitier (Sneakers) reprises his role as Lt. Virgil Tibbs for a third and final time, following the masterpiece In the Heat of the Night and its thrilling sequel They Call Me Mister Tibbs! Under the cover of darkness, six masked figures raid a seemingly respectable furniture factory and steal a multimillion-dollar cache of heroin! But these are no ordinary crooks. They're a passionate band of former users-turned-vigilantes whose frustration with the law's inability to combat the city's drug problem spurs them to take on a powerful narcotics ring. After contacting Tibbs, they confess to the break-in, beg him to keep silent and ask for his help. But once he reluctantly agrees to operate outside the law, Tibbs soon finds himself at odds with the police and a ruthless drug syndicate that will stop at nothing to silence him! Don Medford (The Hunting Party) directs this taut thriller that exposes the ruthless, high-stakes world of international drug trafficking. Barbara McNair, Gerald S. O’Loughlin, Sheree North, Allen Garfield, Raul Julia, Ron O’Neal, Daniel J. Travanti and Billy Green Bush co-star in this action-packed crime thriller that is edge-of-the-seat entertainment.

Special Features:
-Theatrical Trailers
-Optional English Subtitles