They Live (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: October 29, 2018 - September 28, 2020 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi) - £25.00 (Amazon)

theylive.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see some 4K+2D steels priced fairly for a change. Based on that (and the awesome artwork), I'm definitely in for all of these! :D

3 Discs
(4K UHD/Blu-ray/Blu-ray bonus)

Extras:

• Subversion: Exposing John Carpenter’s THEY LIVE - A brand new feature-length documentary featuring interviews with Associate producer Sandy King, cinematographer Gary Kibbe, actor Peter Jason, actor Robert Grasmere, composer Alan Howarth, stunt coordinator/Ghoul Jeff Imada, author Jonathan Letham, music historian Daniel Schweiger, Blumhouse editor Rebekah McKendry, and visual effects historian Justin Humphreys
  • Original EPK: The Making of They Live (1988)
  • John Carpenter profile - vintage profile of the director
  • Meg Foster profile - vintage profile of the actress
  • Roddy Piper profile - vintage profile of the actor
  • Audio Commentary with John Carpenter & Roddy Piper
  • Independent Thoughts with John Carpenter – a 2012 interview with director John Carpenter
  • Woman of Mystery: Interview with Meg Foster – a 2012 interview with actress Meg Foster
  • Man vs Aliens: Interview with Keith David – a 2012 interview with actor Keith David
  • Fake commercials in the film 2.34 mins
  • TV spots
  • Photo gallery

11868220-7284609003588743.png 11868220-6924609003657983.png 11868220-2324609003746156.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill
I like the front but not sure about the back or inside though. Again I prefer the collectors edition.
I also prefer the Digipack limited edition artwork to the UK/Europe steelbook

Scream Factory steelbook artwork is better than the UK/Europe Steelbook IMO

I will still though be getting both the UK 3 Disc steelbooks and 4 Disc Digipack editions to add to my existing John Carpenter collection

Reactions: Sigill
Managed to sneak my orders in earlier before the code got deactivated... not sure I'll be around to do the same tomorrow though unfortunately.