They Live (4K UHD + Blu-ray + CD) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: October 29, 2018 - September 20, 2021 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom UK
Price: £39.99 (Zoom) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)

91JoeVrpqRL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So Prince of Darkness 4 disc edition is coming ?

Found "only" Escape, Fog and They Live in amazon.UK.
Look's like it's only The Fog/Escape from New York/They Live that is getting 4K UHD Limited edition Digipack release with CD soundtrack + Booklet/Poster/Art Cards

All 4 films are getting 3 Disc 4K UHD Steelbooks editions and 2 Disc standard Amaray Blu-ray releases
Steelbooks don't include the CD soundtrack or Booklet/Poster/Art Cards

Prince of Darkness is getting 2 Blu-ray releases
2 Disc Amaray Blu-ray with Jcard (Blu-ray + Extras Bonus Disc) possible might be a slipcover but that won't be known until released
3 Disc 4K UHD Steelbook (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Extras Bonus Disc)

I might be wrong but reason for Prince of Darkness not having an 4 Disc Limited Digipack edition with CD soundtrack could be due to rights issues with another distributor with the soundtrack

Reactions: Space Cadet
Repetitive artwork lets this down IMO. The art is good, there's just too much repetition. The slip for the digipack is very thin too and the contents are a very tight fit so this will damage easily. Kind of wish I went for the SteelBooks now....

Thanks for the pics @cooey, it looks like a nice set but I do hate it when they use thin paper for the slips. It sounds like the digipack isn’t too well made either. It’s a shame as it does look good apart from the repeating artwork.

Repetitive artwork lets this down IMO. The art is good, there's just too much repetition. The slip for the digipack is very thin too and the contents are a very tight fit so this will damage easily. Kind of wish I went for the SteelBooks now....
I went for both steelbooks and these wished I had passed on these,ordered from Zavvi sent to Australia I can see the outcome is not going to be good, this one looks ok condition but it probably did not travel far but already had damaged to the packaging I see,I wonder what Zavvi have sent this in more likely a jiffy.

I was considering these but I think I’ll just go with the slipcover standard releases at half the price instead. The repeated artwork, although great as it is, kind of ruins this as a special package.

I should have my amazon order dispatched soon as payment has been taken for my order of The Fog and They Live

I ordered with amazon as packaging is a lot better when it comes these thin cardboard slipboxes from studiocanal
Studiocanal been using these thin cardboard slipboxes since The Dam Busters limited edition previously they used hard rigid slipbox with the likes of The Third Man and The Man Who Fell to Earth

Zavvi is best to avoid when it's thin cardboard slipboxes as they get shipped in bubble mailers
Zavvi yes works out cheaper when using discount code but not worth it when you risk arriving damaged so I get from Amazon instead

It's live on Amazon UK and still available
£30.00
Not for me. I'm in the US though. Maybe that' has something to do with it. Escape From New York is the same. But like I said, I was able to order The Fog and Prince of Darkness.
1628001079472.png

Attachments

• 1628000912713.png
    1628000912713.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 59