bobino66

Premium Supporter
Feb 4, 2011
italy
Release date : 2016 March 3rd
Purchase link : Amazon.de

68291_f.jpg

Image Format: 1.85: 1 (1080p)

Sound format: German (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo)
English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1)

Subtitles: German English

Extras: - Audio commentary by director and screenwriter Michael Mann and starring James Caan
- Audio commentary by Prof. Dr. Marcus Stiglegger
- Isolated music and effects track in the theatrical version
- The Directors: Michael Mann - documentary about the filmmaker
- Stolen Dreams - New Interview with James Caan
- Hollywood USA: James Caan - episode of the French television series "Ciné regards" about the actor James Caan, who was born shortly after the shooting of the film
- The Art of the Heist - Detailed analysis of the film by writer and critic FX Feeney
- Trailer - booklet with an essay by Prof. Dr. Marcus Stiglegger - pleated Movie Poster

main film in 3 different versions, each in German and English: - Revised the Director's Cut version of a brand-new 4K transfer, created in collaboration with director Michael Mann [Blu-ray and DVD] - Original Theatrical Version [Blu-ray and DVD] - "Special Director's Edition" of 1995 [DVD only] numbered Limited & Special edition digipak in a sturdy, refined box

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but you're glad I did :naughty: Gotta love that cover :drool:
I had the Tangerine Dream album with that cover when I was a kid...before I ever saw the movie! (Same with Sorcerer!).
I used to watch the final shootout over and over on VHS because that scene and that music are just killer.
That cover is just iconic. I love that it is mirror like!
(Here is a Robert Prosky "bad guy" trifecta viewing: Thief, The Natural and The Grifters! Man, he is such a son of a b*tch as a bad guy!!:rofl:).

• Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic
I had the Tangerine Dream album with that cover when I was a kid...before I ever saw the movie! (Same with Sorcerer!).
I used to watch the final shootout over and over on VHS because that scene and that music are just killer.
That cover is just iconic. I love that it is mirror like!
(Here is a Robert Prosky "bad guy" trifecta viewing: Thief, The Natural and The Grifters! Man, he is such a son of a b*tch as a bad guy!!:rofl:).

Two things that make Thief the great movie it is, Tangerine Dream & Robert Prosky, there is no denying it. I can't imagine either one not being in it.
Robert Prosky, boy what a great character actor & bad guy. I loved him in everything he was in. He was even an SOB in Christine.
Listening to James Caan talk on Thief, he said Prosky was the nicest guy in real life. He said it was hard for him to use the language he did in the scene where they threw James Belushi in the acid. Talk about a Jekyll & Hyde. "Back to work, Frank"

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Does this edition have all the extras that the Arrow slipcover special edition has?
German Edition:
Extras: - Audio commentary by director and screenwriter Michael Mann and starring James Caan
- Audio commentary by Prof. Dr. Marcus Stiglegger
- Isolated music and effects track in the theatrical version
- The Directors: Michael Mann - documentary about the filmmaker
- Stolen Dreams - New Interview with James Caan
- Hollywood USA: James Caan - episode of the French television series "Ciné regards" about the actor James Caan, who was born shortly after the shooting of the film
- The Art of the Heist - Detailed analysis of the film by writer and critic FX Feeney
- Trailer - booklet with an essay by Prof. Dr. Marcus Stiglegger - pleated Movie Poster

main film in 3 different versions, each in German and English: - Revised the Director's Cut version of a brand-new 4K transfer, created in collaboration with director Michael Mann [Blu-ray and DVD] - Original Theatrical Version [Blu-ray and DVD] - "Special Director's Edition" of 1995 [DVD only] numbered Limited & Special edition digipak in a sturdy, refined box

Arrow UK Edition:
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

Limited Slipcase Edition [3000 units] featuring two versions of the film
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the director s cut from a new 4K film transfer, approved by director Michael Mann, with uncompressed 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the original theatrical cut [Limited Edition Exclusive] with original uncompressed 2.0 Stereo PCM audio
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Optional isolated music and effects track on the theatrical cut
Audio commentary by writer-director Michael Mann and actor James Caan
The Directors: Michael Mann a 2001 documentary on the filmmaker, containing interviews with Mann, James Belushi, William Petersen, Jon Voight and others
Stolen Dreams - a new interview with Caan, filmed exclusively for this release
Hollywood USA: James Caan an episode of the French TV series Ciné regards devoted to the actor, filmed shortly after Thief had finished production
The Art of the Heist - an examination of Thief with writer and critic F.X. Feeney, author of the Taschen volume on Michael Mann
Theatrical trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by maarko phntm
Illustrated collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Brad Stevens

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Manhunter