Mondo "Things to come" by Laurent Durieux

Oct 7, 2012
France
"Things to come" by Laurent Durieux

A landmark collaboration between writer H. G. Wells, producer Alexander Korda, and designer and director William Cameron Menzies, THINGS TO COME is a science fiction film like no other, a prescient political work that predicts a century of turmoil and progress. Skipping through time, THINGS TO COME bears witness to world war, disease, dictatorship, and, finally, utopia. Conceived, written, and overseen by Wells himself as an adaptation of his own work, this megabudget production, the most ambitious ever from Korda’s London Films, is a triumph of imagination and technical audacity.

Information :

24″ x 36″
Edition of 230

This poster will be available Tuesday, June 25th at a random time at www.mondotees.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: roseart
A little tip, if you are looking for trade bait, Laurent Durieux prints are always a safe bet. I personally love his artwork but even if you don't care for it a bunch of other people do. ;)

Has anyone tried to get it? How did this work out for you guys? For me it did just as it usually does with the most of Mondo prints :hilarious: Wanted to follow Roseart's advice and get it as a trading chip. Well, I guess that plan did not work.

I rarely try for Mondo prints now. Usually sets up a lot of heart break and anger at the end. Plus majority if prints can be found down the road at reasonable costs, well except for There Will be Blood.

I still try. Rarely disappointed, since I am not expecting to get anything to begin with. So when I do, it makes me extra happy :D

But I agree, most of the time, it makes more sense to purchase what you want after the fact. Amount of time spent trying to catch a drop gets ridiculous at times. Especially when there is something I really-really want, it gets very distracting :)

Has anyone tried to get it? How did this work out for you guys? For me it did just as it usually does with the most of Mondo prints :hilarious: Wanted to follow Roseart's advice and get it as a trading chip. Well, I guess that plan did not work.

Really, you didn't get it? :wtf: This was up longer than most drops from Mondo. 4-5 minutes.

They have started doing staggered drops. It was thought to only be variants or super limited prints, but they did it with this one. They sell a certain amount and it shows sold out for 20-30 seconds, then back in-stock. This tripped me up with MoS. :( I got all the way past PayPal and it showed sold out on the last page. Then I had it in my cart again (different browser), but there was no way to get through the checkout again quick enough.

If I would have waited for the second drop after selling out, I might have gotten it. :squint: But, probably not. After 5 hours of F5ing, I was seeing pink bunnies hoping around me room. :smashed:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    89 KB · Views: 253
Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, today I had to step out of the office for no more than 5 minutes; when I came back it was gone... The usual, it is either this, that, or something else :D

I also noticed this type of drops. The same was done with the Maniac LP (regardless of the fact that it took a while to sell out). It is tough to get something off Mondo nowadays, but it makes it so much more special when it actually happens. Even though at times, on a rare occasion, I get extremely disappointed :angry:

Man of Steel drop had ruined my day at work. My productivity hit rock bottom that day.

Reactions: roseart
So Laurent Durieux is having a solo Mondo show this year from February 7th - March 1st. Early previews look fantastic (as expected). I suspect I'm going to be on the look out for a PB in case anyone is in town for his show.

This is his excellent Forbidden Planet:

Forbidden+Planet+by+Laurent+Durieux+%28Regular%29.jpg

Plus I await his L.A. Confidential.