Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: August 13, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

1561541020972.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm repeating this message in all 5 threads.

Art is up for all 5 releases. Bilingual packaging. Now showing a release date of August 13th for all 5 as well.

m2230441.jpg

Strange that Thor wasn't selling as well as any of the Iron Man titles. This was still showing in stock earlier today but now the listing has disappeared from best Buy's site.

I received an email from Best Buy saying they had to cancel my order.

Thanks for placing an order for Thor (Limited Edition) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo). However, despite our best efforts we weren't able to secure inventory for the product so we've been forced to cancel the order.

We're very sorry for this, and we'll make sure your method of payment is not charged.

To apologize we'd like to offer you a $50 eCertificate, which you can use on almost any future purchase at BestBuy.ca.”

Funny thing is that I was thinking about cancelling it so this works out well for sure

I received an email from Best Buy saying they had to cancel my order.

Thanks for placing an order for Thor (Limited Edition) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray Combo). However, despite our best efforts we weren't able to secure inventory for the product so we've been forced to cancel the order.

We're very sorry for this, and we'll make sure your method of payment is not charged.

To apologize we'd like to offer you a $50 eCertificate, which you can use on almost any future purchase at BestBuy.ca.”

Funny thing is that I was thinking about cancelling it so this works out well for sure

Strange. Still 10 days to the release date. My order hasn't been cancelled.

Strange. Still 10 days to the release date. My order hasn't been cancelled.

I can’t remember if it said preorder or backorder when I placed the order. Surprised me but then I noticed that my endgame steel has already charged so I guess they are getting ahead on things.
Really has me worried about some of the other preorders I have. I considered cancelling one to reorder with the code to get it for free...worried that if I move myself down the list that this same thing could happen. Guess I’m waiting for something new.

I can’t remember if it said preorder or backorder when I placed the order. Surprised me but then I noticed that my endgame steel has already charged so I guess they are getting ahead on things.
Really has me worried about some of the other preorders I have. I considered cancelling one to reorder with the code to get it for free...worried that if I move myself down the list that this same thing could happen. Guess I’m waiting for something new.

Thor was listed as "Pre-Order". Same as Thor 2, the 3 Iron Man steelbooks, the animated Aladdin and all of the Pixar 4K re-releases.
It's only the new movies that had a theatrical release in 2019 (that are being released on disc for the first time) that started out as
"back-orders"

Thor was listed as "Pre-Order". Same as Thor 2, the 3 Iron Man steelbooks, the animated Aladdin and all of the Pixar 4K re-releases.
It's only the new movies that had a theatrical release in 2019 (that are being released on disc for the first time) that started out as
"back-orders"
Gotcha, so this is likely an error on their part preselling too many. Guess that’s why they are giving compensation. Seems very unlike them. I’ve never received something like that from them.

Reactions: Stygian
Gotcha, so this is likely an error on their part preselling too many. Guess that’s why they are giving compensation. Seems very unlike them. I’ve never received something like that from them.
When some of my other preorders got cancelled on me, they gave me a $5 credit. Until the last one - Dumbo 4K Steelbook - where they gave a $50 credit. I thought maybe they’d just screwed up and someone typed $50 instead of $5 into the system.

Reactions: Leafs17

I guess that's what happened which is surprising to me because when they removed Thor, Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3 from their website all 3 titles were still available for pre-order. They hadn't sold out yet. Iron Man and Iron Man 2 had already sold out and they were removed at the same time. Both of those listings have been back on Best Buy's site for a long time now but showing sold out.
I have no idea what it all means. All I know is that I have never had a $50 ecertificate :LOL:

When some of my other preorders got cancelled on me, they gave me a $5 credit. Until the last one - Dumbo 4K Steelbook - where they gave a $50 credit. I thought maybe they’d just screwed up and someone typed $50 instead of $5 into the system.

$5 seems like an insult. $50 seems like overkill but I’m not complaining

Hi Steelbook friends

Does anyone know how the back side, (Back Cover), the SteelBook looks like?
Would anyone tell me that someone posted the picture of the back cover here?
Thomas

Hi Steelbook friends

Does anyone know how the back side, (Back Cover), the SteelBook looks like?
Would anyone tell me that someone posted the picture of the back cover here?
Thomas
1566727403034.png

Hammer looks a bit weird at first sight - trompe l'oeil effect like a pencil in a sharpener or a whistle or even a three wheeled car (with one wheel underneath).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: schnauzithomas