Thor, Captain America and Avengers Updates

Midnight show-Avengers? Who is your fave character?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No!

• Not sure yet!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes!

• No!

• Not sure yet!

• Yes!

• No!

• Not sure yet!

• Total voters
Apr 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Marvel Entertainment reported its First Quarter earnings today and gave a few updates on its upcoming movies during the company's quarterly conference call.

Iron Man 2 is, of course, already filming for a May 7, 2010 release, but Marvel said this morning that the Kenneth Branagh-directed Thor is scheduled to start filming in the First Quarter of 2010. No formal offers have been made to actors, though they said that casting announcements are likely the next few months. Thor is targeted for a May 20, 2011 release.

Marvel added that The First Avenger: Captain America, to be directed by Joe Johnston, is scheduled to start filming in the summer of 2010 for a July 22, 2011 release.

In an interview with Empire magazine, Marvel's President of Production Kevin Feige talked about The Avengers as well:

"Zak Penn is already on board The Avengers [as writer] and he's spending a lot of his time looking into what we're doing with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, seeing how we're tying it all together. And he's beginning to outline the script now – he'll be doing that over the summer."

The Avengers is coming to theaters on May 4, 2012.

Source: comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55128

They did it there making good looking comic book movies Marvel 4 life.And now that i look back im glad they didn't use triple h dude's nose is huge and would have ruined it.they have the suite down pat.

Hugo Weaving Confirmed as Red Skull in Captain America
Source: Marvel Studios
May 4, 2010

Marvel Studios announced today that Hugo Weaving has been cast to star as Johann Schmidt aka the Red Skull in the studio's highly anticipated movie Captain America: The First Avenger opposite Chris Evans and Hayley Atwell. In the early comics, Johann Schmidt was drafted into loyal service of The Third Reich and renamed "The Red Skull." The character will be updated for the feature adaptation. Joe Johnston will direct the film penned by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige will produce Captain America: The First Avenger. Alan Fine, Stan Lee, David Maisel and Louis D'Esposito will executive produce. The film will be released in the US on July 22, 2011 and distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Captain America: The First Avenger will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America.

Weaving was last seen in The Wolfman and his voice is very recognizable as Megatron from Transformers and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen as well as Noah the Elder from Happy Feet. His other film credits include starring in V For Vendetta, "The Matrix" franchise, and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

Samuel L. Jackson Says We’ll See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers Read more: Samuel

When Samuel L. Jackson was signed to a nine-film deal by Marvel, you had to bet that part of the attraction of the deal was that he’d eventually get a pretty big role, if not a star turn, in one of the studio’s projects.

So far, Jackson’s Nick Fury has been a small part of the Iron Man films, and we know he won’t appear in Thor. But he will be in Captain America, and is likely to be a big part of The Avengers. Going beyond that, Jackson says we should expect a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie to follow Marvel’s team picture.

Jackson talked to RadioBigBoy (via CinemaBlend) and said specifically,

The Avengers should start shooting some time next year, and then some time after that there’ll be a big S.H.I.E.L.D. movie.

That sounds pretty definitive, but until it comes from Kevin Feige, mark it as ‘relatively definitive,’ or maybe just ‘hopeful.’

So what would the S.H.I.E.L.D. movie be? Hopefully a slightly smaller picture that focuses not on the backstory of the agency, but of the strings it pulls in the background to get things done. Perhaps it would be a sort of espionage picture in the Marvel vein, something to break from the big superhero pattern of the other films.

As for characters, unless one of them is offed in the next couple films, we’ve already got Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson and Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. (You’ve got to figure that one or two of these secondary characters are going to get killed sooner or later; got to have some sense of danger, even though this is death-averse Marvel.) By the time Thor, Captain America and The Avengers are all said and done, we’ll probably have a few other possibles as well. And the film could be a launch pad for other secondary Marvel characters.

Finally, Jackson also speculates in the interview that we’ll see a lot of War Machine in future Marvel movies. No surprise there, as the character seems to be primed to have a real part in The Avengers, at the very least.

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/13...shield-film-after-the-avengers/#ixzz0nvEVzNwO

I didn't see something like this coming so soon. I guess I am just going to have to wait and see what they come up with.

Tommy Lee Jones Confirmed for Captain America

There was a rumor a couple of weeks back that Tommy Lee Jones would have at least a small part in Captain America: The First Avenger. Now an interview with actress Hayley Atwell, who plays Peggy Carter in the film, has confirmed Jones’ appearance.

Atwell spoke on camera to press at the BAFTA television awards, saying,

I have yet to meet Tommy Lee Jones…Although I think I have a scene with him, which I’m really looking forward to doing. And Samuel L. Jackson, who, I’m sure, he’s got better things to do than come and meet me for five minutes, but I’m sure I’ll get a chance to later.

Still no confirmation of the role for Jones, though suspicion continues that he’ll play General Chester Philips. The Marvel wiki summarizes Philips’ role in the Captain America story:

General Phillips hand picked 4-F army reject Steve Rogers to become a part of the 1940 Operation Reborn experiment. In particular, he admired Rogers patriotic spirit. Later, Phillips was a part of picking Rogers as the eventual Super-Soldier Captain America. Phillips also oversaw Rogers initial training as well as some of his early missions.
Atwell’s comments also suggest other things about the film. She says she’s training six days a week so that it will be more convincing when her character “kicks butt,” so we can expect her to be a part of an action scene or two, which will be a good change from the typical comic book movie female lead. Expect Jones’ part to be fairly small, though — if he’s playing Philips then he’ll likely be relegated to setting the plot in motion and then being around for reaction shots and the occasional bit of exposition. Still, it’ll be great to have th gravitas of Jones in the film.

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/27/tommy-lee-jones-confirmed-for-captain-america/#ixzz0p9aOE1n7

:scat:

Don't like Samuel L as Nick Fury

Then don't watch!!

I suppose you would rather have this Nick Fury then huh?

1-4.jpg

Stanley Tucci has joined Chris Evans, Hayley Atwell, and Sebastian Stan in the cast of the new superhero flick, Captain America: The First Avenger!

The actor will apparently portray Dr. Erskine, the character who creates the hero in his experiment, Project Rebirth!

Tommy Lee Jones Joins Captain America Cast

The studio behind the upcoming Captain America movie has announced that Tommy Lee Jones will be taking the role of Colonel Phillips. Colonol Phillips is the man who "recruits Steve Rogers to join Project Rebirth, the experimental project that leads to the creation of the Super Soldier."

Dominic Cooper Joins Captain America!

Marvel announced yet another casting bit today. Dominic Cooper will be playing Howard Stark in the highly-anticipated comic flick, Captain America: the First Avenger.