Thor, Captain America and Avengers Updates

Midnight show-Avengers? Who is your fave character?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No!

• Not sure yet!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes!

• No!

• Not sure yet!

• Yes!

• No!

• Not sure yet!

• Total voters
Apr 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Marvel Entertainment reported its First Quarter earnings today and gave a few updates on its upcoming movies during the company's quarterly conference call.

Iron Man 2 is, of course, already filming for a May 7, 2010 release, but Marvel said this morning that the Kenneth Branagh-directed Thor is scheduled to start filming in the First Quarter of 2010. No formal offers have been made to actors, though they said that casting announcements are likely the next few months. Thor is targeted for a May 20, 2011 release.

Marvel added that The First Avenger: Captain America, to be directed by Joe Johnston, is scheduled to start filming in the summer of 2010 for a July 22, 2011 release.

In an interview with Empire magazine, Marvel's President of Production Kevin Feige talked about The Avengers as well:

"Zak Penn is already on board The Avengers [as writer] and he's spending a lot of his time looking into what we're doing with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, seeing how we're tying it all together. And he's beginning to outline the script now – he'll be doing that over the summer."

The Avengers is coming to theaters on May 4, 2012.

Source: comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55128

Hulk with Norton was very good. I head Thor was wayyyy better than the previews lead on ... but still havent seen it.

'The Avengers' tickets now on sale

http://www.fandango.com/GlobalSearch.aspx?tab=Movies+People+Video&q=avengers&repos=Movies

avengers_wp2_1280.jpg

Captain America, he is my favorite comic book hero. This was long before the movies and such, I used to read quite a bit of comics so yes that's my favorite by far.

For me its a two way tie between Iron Man and Thor. Not going to the midnight showing. But Im planning on going tomorrow first show at noon assuming nothing gets in the way. Im so happy there are non-3D showings as well... Didn't wanna watch it in 3D. Last time my eyes were just hurting like hell after 2.5 hour 3D movie.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Finishing my Marvel marathon tonight with Captain America and I'll be ready for tomorrow night!!! :scat:

that was a good idea. Should have done that. Too late now!

my local AMC has 10 different 12:01 screenings; 7 3D, 2 "classic", & 1 IMAX. I won't be going be going tonight, but I'll probably see it in IMAX3D eventually.

Last edited: