Thor, Captain America and Avengers Updates

Midnight show-Avengers? Who is your fave character?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No!

• Not sure yet!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes!

• No!

• Not sure yet!

• Yes!

• No!

• Not sure yet!

• Total voters
Apr 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Marvel Entertainment reported its First Quarter earnings today and gave a few updates on its upcoming movies during the company's quarterly conference call.

Iron Man 2 is, of course, already filming for a May 7, 2010 release, but Marvel said this morning that the Kenneth Branagh-directed Thor is scheduled to start filming in the First Quarter of 2010. No formal offers have been made to actors, though they said that casting announcements are likely the next few months. Thor is targeted for a May 20, 2011 release.

Marvel added that The First Avenger: Captain America, to be directed by Joe Johnston, is scheduled to start filming in the summer of 2010 for a July 22, 2011 release.

In an interview with Empire magazine, Marvel's President of Production Kevin Feige talked about The Avengers as well:

"Zak Penn is already on board The Avengers [as writer] and he's spending a lot of his time looking into what we're doing with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, seeing how we're tying it all together. And he's beginning to outline the script now – he'll be doing that over the summer."

The Avengers is coming to theaters on May 4, 2012.

Source: comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55128

I just saw it. It's probably the third most epicy movie i've seen after Star Wars OT and Lord of the Rings.

I cant believe this movie was made - still in shock.

Hulk, wow. They have no choice but to give him another solo movie.