Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £32.99 (4K) - £24.99 (3D)

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine this morning.

Looked at it and rushed on here to look for other peoples photos as something stood out like a sore thumb and I can't un-see it!!

Above the K of Ragnarok there is a small vertical line that looks too much like a defect. Looking at the photos above though, it's on all of them.

It makes no sense it being there!

Other than that, it's really nice.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lewis Watts
Received mine this morning.

Looked at it and rushed on here to look for other peoples photos as something stood out like a sore thumb and I can't un-see it!!

Above the K of Ragnarok there is a small vertical line that looks too much like a defect. Looking at the photos above though, it's on all of them.

It makes no sense it being there!

Other than that, it's really nice.
I thought that too when I opened it, but it's part of Thor.......

Watched 4K disc a few days back and here’s my short review...

Disney screwed it... so quietly...

PQ wasn’t bad at all, even for 2Ki, lots of details, HDR helps bring that vibrant colors on Sakaar to life and it shines in so many scences but as it looks quite sharp and details some CGI looked fake to me but overall I was quite pleased with what I saw and enjoyed it a lot...

but too bad that’s not the case for AQ, it was the opposite... it was just...poor, listened to Atmos mix and I needed to check my system, especially my subwoofer to see if I turned it on, as there was no dynamic, no impact, no LFE, it was just lifeless and...quiet, that arena fight that I expected the sound to be so engaging and spot on but no... it was just... dull, let alone that I already cranked my volume up from -24dB (my regular viewing) to -15dB but it just didn’t help at all... (if you go to the main menu while you’re watching you’d notice this poor mix right away as the menu sounds a lot louder...)

I’ve heard some says Disney intends to do this as they focus more on family viewing so they like to keep all the sound to be... nuetral, well... if it’s actually their intention, congrats Disney you succeed big time...

Thinking ahead and I really don’t want to imagine what they’d do with The Last Jedi... hope I guess wrong...

I thought that too when I opened it, but it's part of Thor.......

Yeah I assumed as much in the end but even then, it just floating in the middle of a circle of red with nothing else on Thor near it. It's like they've not let enough of him through the Red to give that small line some reason for being.

It's only small but it's annoying as it just looks like a scratch.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Not got mine yet - still a bit early for the postie. Usually comes around mid-afternoon...
Just arrived! Said it would be around 3pm!

Box all bashed about, but fortunately no damage to the steel itself. No issue with mis-aligned spine either (thank goodness!).

Mine's just arrived with a miss aligned spine, bullsh*t!!!!!
What a bummer! Which version - 4K or 3D? If 4K then, as it's still in stock, what I would do is re-order it and return the faulty one for a refund. If you send it back for a replacement, you run the risk of them selling out in the meantime and not having any left in stock to replace it with! That happened to me a while back with Elektra. Unlike Amazon, they don't send out a replacement straight away - they wait until they receive the original back. And they don't even allocate or put one aside for you in the meantime, either.

Watched 4K disc a few days back and here’s my short review...

Disney screwed it... so quietly...

PQ wasn’t bad at all, even for 2Ki, lots of details, HDR helps bring that vibrant colors on Sakaar to life and it shines in so many scences but as it looks quite sharp and details some CGI looked fake to me but overall I was quite pleased with what I saw and enjoyed it a lot...

but too bad that’s not the case for AQ, it was the opposite... it was just...poor, listened to Atmos mix and I needed to check my system, especially my subwoofer to see if I turned it on, as there was no dynamic, no impact, no LFE, it was just lifeless and...quiet, that arena fight that I expected the sound to be so engaging and spot on but no... it was just... dull, let alone that I already cranked my volume up from -24dB (my regular viewing) to -15dB but it just didn’t help at all... (if you go to the main menu while you’re watching you’d notice this poor mix right away as the menu sounds a lot louder...)

I’ve heard some says Disney intends to do this as they focus more on family viewing so they like to keep all the sound to be... nuetral, well... if it’s actually their intention, congrats Disney you succeed big time...

Thinking ahead and I really don’t want to imagine what they’d do with The Last Jedi... hope I guess wrong...

Either the original sound mix itself was lacklustre lacking dynamic range or something was missed during the home authoring. It is not specific to Atmos as even the DTS-HD MA reportedly has the same issues.

The levels affected Cars 3 and POTC-5 but once you bump, they sounded fine but this doesn't appear to be the case with Thor.

This joins Age of Ultron w.r to Sound.

Inconvenience that the 4K version's data card comes with a tip over as oppose to just the standard J-Card that the 3D edition comes with

Yeah I assumed as much in the end but even then, it just floating in the middle of a circle of red with nothing else on Thor near it. It's like they've not let enough of him through the Red to give that small line some reason for being.

It's only small but it's annoying as it just looks like a scratch.

Agreed does look weird :cautious: Oh well I'll wrap it up when I get home :p

Received mine today, with a lovely scratch on the front! It's the 3d version, which of course is sold out now!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don't suppose it's just the odd line we were discussing above that sits above the K in the word Ragnarok?

If so it's meant to be there sadly. If not though, then that sucks (n)