Release date: February 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £32.99 (4K) - £24.99 (3D)

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I know why people buy 4K, but I think £33 is a compete rip-off, especially as some films have included 4K and 3D for £25
Disney releases you not seen prices of £25 for a steelbook that has both 4K/3D
Disney also don't do releases that include both 4K and 3D discs in UK/Europe yet
They only do separate releases of 4K/2D and 3D/2D and 2D only for Amaray or Steelbooks

Disney dealer prices for new releases are higher than other film distributor releases so retailers retail price will always be more than releases from Sony/Fox/Warner

Last edited:
Disney also don't do releases that include both 4K and 3D discs in UK/Europe yet
They only do separate releases of 4K/2D and 3D/2D and 2D only for Amaray or Steelbooks

Disney dealer prices for new releases are higher than other film distributor releases so retailers retail price will always be more than releases from Sony/Fox/Warner

Spider-Man Homecoming? I know it’s technically a Sony release but Disney/Marvel still have a stake in that title. Is that not still a Marvel Studios produced 2D/3D/4K steel under £25 @ HMV?

• Thanks
Reactions: Starling
Spider-Man Homecoming? I know it’s technically a Sony release but Disney/Marvel still have a stake in that title. Is that not still a Marvel Studios produced 2D/3D/4K steel under £25 @ HMV?
Disney own Marvel but pay Sony a licence fee to be able to use Spider-Man as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Spider-Man films Cinema and Home Media are still distributed by Sony as they own the rights to Spider-Man

The Sony deal with Disney/Marvel is they can have Spider-Man appear in any of the later MCU Films as in a character in one of the films and this way can be advertised as part of the MCU

All standalone Spider-Man films are still a Sony Pictures/Marvel Production

Technically it's a Marvel produced film, but it's distributed by Sony - that's where the key is here.

Do American retailers sell Disney for $40? No.

This is all about Zavvi milking the cow. I know of hardly anyone who uses Zavvi as their preferred retailer.

How anyone can even attempt to justify Zavvi's pricing is beyond me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76

This is all about Zavvi milking the cow. I know of hardly anyone who uses Zavvi as their preferred retailer.

USA Disney and Disney Europe are different companies and have different business setup
Disney Asia prices will worse

4K/2D Amaray
Zavvi price £24.99
HMV price £26.99
HMV are more expensive

Are American retailers selling their steelbooks to UK customers though? It's only because of group buys that anyone not in the UK has access to them. And even then, when you add in shipping/Paypal fees, it ends up more expensive than getting the UK version.

Would I like Zavvi's pricing to be lower? Of course. No brainer.

But I want the steelbook for my collection so am therefore prepared to pay a small premium for it.

4K/2D Amaray
Zavvi price £24.99
HMV price £26.99
HMV are more expensive
You entirely miss the point Paul.

Zavvi know steelbook còllectors are passionate about these editions. So Zavvi price them at reseller prices.

Perhaps you should disclose any interests you may have in constantly defending the indefensible?

You leap on to every comment as though you know best. But you don't Paul.

You're knowledge of the industry is exemplary. Your knowledge of the collector is most definitely not.

Are American retailers selling their steelbooks to UK customers though? It's only because of group buys that anyone not in the UK has access to them. And even then, when you add in shipping/Paypal fees, it ends up more expensive than getting the UK version.

Would I like Zavvi's pricing to be lower? Of course. No brainer.

But I want the steelbook for my collection so am therefore prepared to pay a small premium for it.
A UK collector in the UK pays more for their steels than a US collector in the US.

Unless you shop elsewhere other than zavvi.

Haha, Punker got blitzed there.

Ha-ha! Certainly did :)

Still, I did initially state I knew it was a Sony release, just don’t understand why a Marvel Studios production is priced differently depending which company distributes.

If Sony can sell a 3D/4K combo at sub £25 then so should Disney.

You entirely miss the point Paul.

Zavvi know steelbook còllectors are passionate about these editions. So Zavvi price them at reseller prices.

Perhaps you should disclose any interests you may have in constantly defending the indefensible?

You leap on to every comment as though you know best. But you don't Paul.

You're knowledge of the industry is exemplary. Your knowledge of the collector is most definitely not.
The prices are high due to Disney not the retailer
Dealer price decides the retail price regardless if it's Amazon/HMV/Zavvi doing a steelbook release

If this was a HMV or Amazon Exclusive price would be around the same for a steelbook release with small differences if any

Disney are known for high dealer prices compared to other distributors and is why all their new releases prices are high with all retailers and has been for years

You can get good deals with Sony/Warner and some other distributors as in have good file discount on file and special prices on certain releases but not so much with Disney
A file discount can be as low as 5% to 20% or more depending on how much business you do with a distributor

Disney file discount is low and not good for retailers with new releases.

I dealt with various distributors over the years in getting increased file discount and deals on exclusives but Disney are not so good with these deals on new releases and they know they can get away with it as the new releases are big sellers especially Disney Animation and MCU releases

When it's back catalog titles you can get good deals with Disney but not with new releases titles

A retailer has to pay the dealer price regardless if they decide to reduce the retail price
Yes they can sell for whatever price they want but you need to make a profit end of the day and that's based on the dealer price

Some retailers from time to time will sell a release at a loss to get customers to purchase other items like supermarkets as an example

Last edited: