Release date: February 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £32.99 (4K) - £24.99 (3D)

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know about the region on this? I do region free on my HTPC but have issues getting 3D to work.

Usually all titles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as well as Disney movies and Star Wars movies are Region A,B,C (in other words) Region Free.

As for any problems with the 3D discs, I couldn't say because I have never played one.

I'm wondering, what are they planning to do with MCU, without Robert Downey and Chris Evans. Just imagine the universe without Iron Man and Cap. Both of them stated that they're kind of tired of their roles. I guess Avengers 4 will be the last movie for both. Very interesting. I guess they'll have to work on getting back the rights of Fantastic 4. That would be awesome.

Enough new characters (Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel (maybe)) are working for Marvel that I don’t think it’ll be that big a loss, besides unless they kill some off I don’t believe they’re done done I think they’ll still reprise the roles in a future team up film many years down the line

^ Tired of these guys 'n' gals ? Say it ain't so . . . :)
Z7io6fs.gif

Its just how bloated the movies seem now, always setting up the next film. I love the original Avengers movie but ive said it before and ill say it again, When Chris Evans & Robert downey Jr are done with the MCU, So am I ;-) (In terms of buying the movies steelbooks)

Its just how bloated the movies seem now, always setting up the next film. I love the original Avengers movie but ive said it before and ill say it again, When Chris Evans & Robert downey Jr are done with the MCU, So am I ;-) (In terms of buying the movies steelbooks)
:wow: What did he say???;)

Who needs cap and iron man... tbh the way it’s going to have a new avengers team with spidey,dr strange etc. I would prefer it. Yea I love what rdj and Evans have done but is there really much more they can do in terms of story. Bring the fresh new blood through

With Dr Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel joining the ranks I think there’s more than enough characters to keep Marvel afloat should Cap and Stark kark it in Infinity War.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisPatt
With Dr Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel joining the ranks I think there’s more than enough characters to keep Marvel afloat should Cap and Stark kark it in Infinity War.

Sounds like a dull line-up for me. Once Cap and Stark are gone, I'll stop following.
I won't follow this series forever.

Just got back from seeing this, thought it was great. Best Thor film by far

Just a few things

Hulk was unreal, the rock guy who the director voices was brilliant too (hopefully not the last of him), taikas voice is too funny.
I find it interesting how certain scenes are different to the trailer like where hela breaks the hammer. In the trailer it's New York but it's Norway in the film. The scene where Thor has electric eyes and lands on the bridge in the trailer but obviously has a eye patch in the film and in the trailer there's a scene with the 4 of them on the bridge but they don't show the scene in the film (with hulk on the left)

Was very funny too, the scene with hulk in a hot tub lol

Also wasn't expecting Damon, the other hemsworth and Sam Neil lol

Love the the Infinity glove moment and the Charlie and chocolate factory nod lol

Last edited:
Without Cap and Stark, Marvel would struggle. Dr Strange too weird for many, Ant-Man too funny, Spider-Man a child who can't act. Scarlet Witch etc just sideline heroes. Captain Marvel still to come could be interesting, but without Cap and Stark holding it all down same as they mostly do in the comics Marvel will struggle, no one since those first films along with Thor has seen as charasmatic a lead except Starlord and hes no Stark. Evans and Jr can't do it forever, but I can't see Marvel dropping either till theres good replacements, and so far there really isn't

Without Cap and Stark, Marvel would struggle. Dr Strange too weird for many, Ant-Man too funny, Spider-Man a child who can't act. Scarlet Witch etc just sideline heroes. Captain Marvel still to come could be interesting, but without Cap and Stark holding it all down same as they mostly do in the comics Marvel will struggle, no one since those first films along with Thor has seen as charasmatic a lead except Starlord and hes no Stark. Evans and Jr can't do it forever, but I can't see Marvel dropping either till theres good replacements, and so far there really isn't

After they leave, all that's left to me is the also rans.

Would kinda remind me of Mystery Men.
Saw Spider-Man Homecoming today and I liked the stuff involving Michael Keaton, Robert Downey Jr and Jon Favreau more than any of the Spider-Man stuff. Too childish for me I think. I get that he's supposed to be 15 but I don't see him fitting in with the Avengers in the movies unless his character suddenly grows up.

Fair comments. Btw, I don't like Sony/Marvel casting Tom Holland as Spiderman. I think Garfield and Toby did a good job. In terms of production value and comic film quality, Raimi's Spiderman-2 still ranks amongst the best.

I hate what they did with this movie. There was too much focus on comedy and this is coming from someone who's favourite marvel movie is guardians of the galaxy. Thor in his first movie was serious there wasn't much comedy so why try and make this film so funny. The opening scene was horrifically bad, forced laughter. I don't mind jokes here and here but there should never be jokes when fighting the villain or the villain making jokes, it takes away any threat they pose to the heroes. Some of the jokes are really funny but it feels this movie was tailored towards kids and the director while great with the comedy elements of the film, shot terrible action scenes.

Still ordered the steelbook though. I'll just await black panther, hopefully there's no comedy in there.

I hate what they did with this movie. There was too much focus on comedy and this is coming from someone who's favourite marvel movie is guardians of the galaxy. Thor in his first movie was serious there wasn't much comedy so why try and make this film so funny. The opening scene was horrifically bad, forced laughter. I don't mind jokes here and here but there should never be jokes when fighting the villain or the villain making jokes, it takes away any threat they pose to the heroes. Some of the jokes are really funny but it feels this movie was tailored towards kids and the director while great with the comedy elements of the film, shot terrible action scenes.

Still ordered the steelbook though. I'll just await black panther, hopefully there's no comedy in there.

You just slated this film using words such as "hate what they did with this movie", "horrifically bad", and "terrible action scenes" and then still ordered the steelbook.

Why... for MCU continuity? At least give us a good reason as to why you are buying it... and we know it isn't for the comedy.

"Thor in his first movie was serious there wasn't much comedy"

First movie is HILARIOUS! I suggest you watch it again, Fast funnier than IM1 or Cap1

You just slated this film using words such as "hate what they did with this movie", "horrifically bad", and "terrible action scenes" and then still ordered the steelbook.

Why... for MCU continuity? At least give us a good reason as to why you are buying it... and we know it isn't for the comedy.

Yep just to add to the marvel collection. Most of my steelbooks are sealed anyway, so not really going to watch them again.

"Thor in his first movie was serious there wasn't much comedy"

First movie is HILARIOUS! I suggest you watch it again, Fast funnier than IM1 or Cap1

Yes it is funny,
but it's more how awkward Thor is on earth and how Shakespearian he is. But when it comes him retrieving his hammer or being banished and the villains his serious, they don't make jokes. I like the comedy elements just not all the time and them being forced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not watched this yet but judging by the comments and what I've seen in the trailers it seems they are trying to recreate the comedy aspects that made GOTG a success. I just hope the comedy is not as forced as it felt in GOTG2, I liked that but felt it wasn't as good as the first film. Think they need to just reign it in a bit and be a bit more serious at times

• Thanks
Reactions: MerlinT