Release date: February 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £32.99 (4K) - £24.99 (3D)

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep just to add to the marvel collection. Most of my steelbooks are sealed anyway, so not really going to watch them again.

Well if they are still sealed I'm thinking you're really not going to watch them at all.

Last edited:
Not watched this yet but judging by the comments and what I've seen in the trailers it seems they are trying to recreate the comedy aspects that made GOTG a success. I just hope the comedy is not as forced as it felt in GOTG2, I liked that but felt it wasn't as good as the first film. Think they need to just reign it in a bit and be a bit more serious at times

Most definitely. The majority of the jokes are funny but there's some that definitely feel forced. GOTG2 was worst then this though, villain was terrible and so predictable.

Comedy was fine in this and hemsworth is a naturally funny guy (just see him in ghostbusters and the extras).
The first film is funny and they even force laughter through the annoying girl (who was even more annoying in the second)

At least it wasn't as forced as dr strange plus cucumbersnatch isn't a funny guy. So the comedy bombed in that

Most laughs are from the rock guy who the director voices. Wasn't enough of him

IM3 just ticks a lot of boxes for me

1- good soundtrack
2- more my kind of comedy especially Trevor (unlike most of the gags in Ragnarok bar Korg’s - they really should have reserved the light hearted moments just for him)
3- good final battle scene with all the armours

I get why people don’t like it though, too much Tony Stark not enough Ironman, didn't like the Trevor twist etc etc but those things didn’t bother me :)

...really?

Iron Man 3 was a slap to the face to any comic book fan who have been waiting patiently since the first Iron Man film to see him go up against his biggest villain. Shane Black and Drew Pearce basically gave the middle finger to us and were left to do whatever they wanted when Marvel should have had more control over them. People wanted an epic fight between Iron Man and the Mandarin with his power rings

Then you have a huge chunk of the film with him out of his suit spending too much time trying to form a bond with that kid...like why add that, it served no purpose

Extremist story was also ruined and dumbed down like it was shoe horned in there for pop culture comic book references along with suddenly changing War Machine to Iron Patriot. Don’t forget Pepper being injected with the extremist virus and turned her into a plot device when they could have had her suited up as Rescue which would have made sense plot wise.

They even tried to bring Stark’s character to a close. They made him blow up his suits like he was moving on with Pepper despite the fact he’s in Age of Ultron ready to kick ass, with Pepper and him on a break with each other then they even removed his arc reactor...I mean WTF

The twist was just awful and tried to cover it up, defending it with “bu bu but it means Killian is using fear to BE the real Mandarin”...no...just no.

Sorry...but that film still p***** me off today. It’s not a good comic book film, it’s a slap to the face. Hell they messed up so bad with fans that despite Shane Black saying he wouldn’t apologise they had to make a One Shot film with Trevor where it establishes that there is a real Mandarin out there...defeating the point of the film. Now we need Iron Man 4 to be the real Iron Man 3

• Thanks
Reactions: dLux
I believe Basil was referring to the new Thor film. Not something from 6 years ago.
If you were kidding then I apologize.

The post he quoted had no spoilers from the new film, just references to scenes in the very first Thor film

just see him in ghostbusters and the extras

Anything more than 0 out of 5 I'll beat you with a large metal object!

...really?

Iron Man 3 was a slap to the face to any comic book fan who have been waiting patiently since the first Iron Man film to see him go up against his biggest villain. Shane Black and Drew Pearce basically gave the middle finger to us and were left to do whatever they wanted when Marvel should have had more control over them. People wanted an epic fight between Iron Man and the Mandarin with his power rings

Then you have a huge chunk of the film with him out of his suit spending too much time trying to form a bond with that kid...like why add that, it served no purpose

Extremist story was also ruined and dumbed down like it was shoe horned in there for pop culture comic book references along with suddenly changing War Machine to Iron Patriot. Don’t forget Pepper being injected with the extremist virus and turned her into a plot device when they could have had her suited up as Rescue which would have made sense plot wise.

They even tried to bring Stark’s character to a close. They made him blow up his suits like he was moving on with Pepper despite the fact he’s in Age of Ultron ready to kick ass, with Pepper and him on a break with each other then they even removed his arc reactor...I mean WTF

The twist was just awful and tried to cover it up, defending it with “bu bu but it means Killian is using fear to BE the real Mandarin”...no...just no.

Sorry...but that film still p***** me off today. It’s not a good comic book film, it’s a slap to the face. Hell they messed up so bad with fans that despite Shane Black saying he wouldn’t apologise they had to make a One Shot film with Trevor where it establishes that there is a real Mandarin out there...defeating the point of the film. Now we need Iron Man 4 to be the real Iron Man 3

Comic fan for over 35 years with a collection money wise you could buy most peoples homes and spend hours each day talking comics and plots with friends................... I LOVED IM3:p

Well if they are still sealed I'm thinking you're really not going to watch them at all.
He might have them all already in Amarays or might possibly have two steels for each in the saga w/ one to keep sealed and t'other to watch,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yet another new one - this time a Dolby Cinema exclusive release.
Illustrated Art so may not be a popular choice (although love that HOMECOMING Illustrated Art).
DNj1hDSUIAAgX0I.jpg:large

• Thanks
Reactions: winter_soldier
First reaction and gut feeling upon first seeing the steelbook artwork more along the lines of "Wtf, you can't be serious!" and "Looks good as an Artcard but not as steelbook front art" . . .

Second reaction . . . mixed
cr-krackle-thor-v2-lg-1019217.jpg

Undeniably colourful choice and should look reasonably epic in a gloss finish.

The US Best Buy . . . same here in the UK ? TBC

Lazy back . . . inside sucks.

Great image for an Artcard being one of this dramatic little set:-
upload_2017-11-8_20-21-54.png

Goes well with a few of the previous THOR steelbooks . . . the ones with just Thor on the front:-
26486_large.jpg
88890_large.jpg
143757_large.jpg

Last edited: