Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #8) [Korea]

Which artwork you want to see as lenticular ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Audio: English DTS HD 7.1, Chinese, Thai
Subtitle: Korean, English, All Chinese, Portuguese, Thai, Bahasa, Indonesian, Malaysian
Print run: 1K (numbered)
Price: 44.99$
Pre-order link: (Pre-orders were live Feb. 14)
- Lenticular edition: 700 print run (Order Limit 3x PP) - here (Sold out!)
- 1/4 slip edition: 300 print run (Order limit 2x PP)
- here (Sold out!)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

13922039987962494.jpg

13922038446390.jpg

Detail packaging:
- Thor: The Dark World Character art card
- booklet
- Clear full plastic slip (as Thor 2 KR edition) as gift for pre-order bonus
- kimchidvd exclusive sticker
- kimchidvd numbered art card
- 6x art card will be included

Lenticular Artwork for poll:
#1 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect) - confirmed

??1.jpg

#2 artwork candidate (lighting is lenticular effect)
??3.jpg
#3 artwork candidate
??4.jpg

Pre-order Time: Time 8PM (KR) / 11AM UK / 6AM USA(East) / Aus 22PM (south) Click HERE and use dropdown box for your local time

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 772
Last edited by a moderator:
let me ask a question then... if there was an order restriction of only 1x per edition, do you honestly still see this remaining in stock after 30 mins ?

marvel and disney titles are always hot commodities and thats my point, its going to sell out regardless of order restrictions. Ya people are selling these north of $150 but you forget what we have on this site... we have a community and you will find those collectors that are willing to help

Even if it sold out in 30 minutes it still enables more ppl to get one. Will ppl still be left out? Yes but the purpose of order restrictions is more ppl get there hands on one, and the fact that more ppl would get one doing this can't be argued.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Even if it sold out in 30 minutes it still enables more ppl to get one. Will ppl still be left out? Yes but the purpose of order restrictions is more ppl get there hands on one, and the fact that more ppl would get one doing this can't be argued.

It sure can be "argued". Like this. Ready?

If all copies went to exactly 1,000 different collectors that wanted to keep it for their own collection forever and ever and never sell it... do you not realize that nobody else would EVER be able to obtain one? Oh wait... doesnt that go right back to alvin's post just a few comments ago?

Riddle me that one.

Having sealed rare copies floating about in the aftermarket is good.

Those willing to spend the $$ win.
Those selling it win.

This is good.

Members here are getting too spoiled...
Kimchi has given us so much input and freedom to finalizing their exclusives.Their openness as a retailer is unrivaled by anyone else.I mean,they actually let us decide how their steels are going to look.How cool is that? Choi even announces way ahead of time when the pre-order date will go live! In fact,they even tell us the exact minute with a time conversion for international customers when it is available in your own local time.Getting spoiled yet...? Now you guys want to tell Tony how to run his business as well.Come on,give them a break.Choi said it would complicate things to limit it to only one per order.That should be the end of story.Let's move on.Be respectful for the wonderful steelbooks they have produced and provided us.
Their limits on orders have been in place for awhile now.It's not perfect but it's been tried and tested.In general,the system works!I've missed out on one of their exclusives as well and got very upset.But you have to look at the entire picture and not just your perspective.The limits they have are fine the way it is.It goes up in some titles and goes down on others as well.But to completely shut it down to one...that's taking it to the extreme and sounds more like a "group buy" than a retailer.

Kimchi has given us so much input and freedom to finalizing their exclusives.Their openness as a retailer is unrivaled by anyone else.I mean,they actually let us decide how their steels are going to look.How cool is that? Choi even announces way ahead of time when the pre-order date will go live! In fact,they even tell us the exact minute with a time conversion for international customers when it is available in your own local time.Getting spoiled yet...? Now you guys want to tell Tony how to run his business as well.Come on,give them a break.Choi said it would complicate things to limit it to only one per order.That should be the end of story.Let's move on.Be respectful for the wonderful steelbooks they have produced and provided us.
Their limits on orders have been in place for awhile now.It's not perfect but it's been tried and tested.In general,the system works!I've missed out on one of their exclusives as well and got very upset.But you have to look at the entire picture and not just your perspective.The limits they have are fine the way it is.It goes up in some titles and goes down on others as well.But to completely shut it down to one...that's taking it to the extreme and sounds more like a "group buy" than a retailer.

amen. amen. and amen. forever and ever.:thumbs:

At the end of the day a lot of people are jumping the bandwagon and moaning that 'the ebay scalpers snapped up all the stock' and 'loads of collectors missed out'.

I'm sorry but that's BS in my opinion. Granted, there are one or two at silly money on there at the minute. But to say the majority went to scalpers is nonsense IMO.

There weren't that many copies available to begin with. Did anyone stop to think that maybe most of the copies might have been actually purchased by collectors. From what I can see, a hell of a lot of members on this forum alone seem to have secured copies. And remember quantities were very limited. Did everyone limit themselves to one copy????

It's easy to point the finger and shift blame elsewhere when you are sore and upset that you missed out on something you really wanted.

The truth is no one knows exactly how many copies were bought by scalpers and how many were bought by true collectors. It's all speculation.

My 2 cents...

Even if you restrict it to 1x on a sought after exclusive like this, it will still sell out very fast. Yes, 'you' may then have got your copy and the person next to 'you' does too but the overall qty was limited to 1k and they will still sell out. That then still leaves the person who just missed out and everyone behind them. They will then come into this thread and complain that some scalper found a loophole and got more than their allocated 1 copy

Then someone will sell a copy on fleabay and the hate and anger will kick in and the thread will continue to get bombarded by accusations of scalping. And so on.

It doesn't change the end result that someone will always miss out and be unhappy. But that is what happens when things are limited. The clue is in the word, 'limited'.

What is most upsetting is the anger this seems to cause some people.

I think what people need to realise is that if they missed out on this that it doesn't mean those people who got a copy are happy you missed out. They don't want you to be unhappy. And I haven't seen anyone really gloating in this thread that they got a copy and someone else didn't. Because most who got a copy are aware that they are in a more fortunate position right now and are generally respectful of their fellow ninjas.

So we don't need all these negative posts just because people missed out. It just doesn't achieve anything. Where are all the positive posts congratulating fellow collectors on getting a copy? I'm chuffed that so many collectors got theirs even if a few copies found their way to resale along the way. That is something that happens and you're probably better off just accepting it.

I got one of each version and they are for my collection and personal enjoyment. I'm sure many others did exactly the same. This is a Steelbook loving forum where we're supposed to share in each others joy, but sometimes we're made to feel awkward just because we got our copies and someone else didn't... Where's the joy in that?

My 2 cents...

Even if you restrict it to 1x on a sought after exclusive like this, it will still sell out very fast. Yes, 'you' may then have got your copy and the person next to 'you' does too but the overall qty was limited to 1k and they will still sell out. That then still leaves the person who just missed out and everyone behind them. They will then come into this thread and complain that some scalper found a loophole and got more than their allocated 1 copy

Then someone will sell a copy on fleabay and the hate and anger will kick in and the thread will continue to get bombarded by accusations of scalping. And so on.

It doesn't change the end result that someone will always miss out and be unhappy. But that is what happens when things are limited. The clue is in the word, 'limited'.

I think what people need to realise is that if they missed out on this that it doesn't mean those people who got a copy are happy you missed out. They don't want you to be unhappy. And I haven't seen anyone really gloating in this thread that they got a copy and someone else didn't. Because most who got a copy are aware that they are in a more fortunate position right now and are generally respectful of their fellow ninjas.

So we don't need all these negative posts just because people missed out. It just doesn't achieve anything. Where are all the positive posts congratulating fellow collectors on getting a copy? I'm chuffed that so many collectors got theirs even if a few copies found their way to resale along the way. That is something that happens and you're probably better off just accepting it.

I got one of each version and they are for my collection and personal enjoyment. I'm sure many others did exactly the same. This is a Steelbook loving forum where we're supposed to share in each others joy, but sometimes we're made to feel awkward just because we got our copies and someone else didn't... Where's the joy in that?

I'm out of thanks at the moment, but both of these posts are spot on and I agree wholeheartedly.

tumblr_inline_mqoygyG2Ub1qz4rgp.gif

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
It sure can be "argued". Like this. Ready?

If all copies went to exactly 1,000 different collectors that wanted to keep it for their own collection forever and ever and never sell it... do you not realize that nobody else would EVER be able to obtain one? Oh wait... doesnt that go right back to alvin's post just a few comments ago?

Riddle me that one.

Having sealed rare copies floating about in the aftermarket is good.

Those willing to spend the $$ win.
Those selling it win.

This is good.
If you talking about value then I may see your point but that's not the point I was making. I was only speaking from a place of when you have a low print run collectors should have a shot to get one. I'll bite though...,are you saying scalpers are a good thing?

Last edited:
this has nothing to do with emotions but simple facts , if kimchi would have limited this release to 1 copy per customer more people would have gotten the opportunity to add this to their collection , this is a fact and there's nothing wrong with saying that

As far as I knew they were in the business to sell stock not regulate who buys it.

I normally would have been at work when this went live so would have snagged a copy of each no problem which is what I planned to do but as luck would have it I had the day off and woke up too late that day. Was I bummed? Sure! What did I do to get over it? I bought two copies of that awesome Singapore release that comes with that mighty Thor pen. Did this make me feel better? You betcha! :scat:

Ok folks can we take a breather and get back on to the topic of the Steelbook. The ebay/ scalper argument is just going round in circles. People subscribe to the thread to find out info on the Steelbook, they don't need to read pages of back and forth arguing. If the off topic chat continues then the thread will have to be locked again. Can we please try and keep the posts constructive and on topic. Thanks for your understanding.

Hey guys, I did ask Tony a day or so ago if he'd be interested in seeing if we could get a quantity just for HDN for a future GB for members here.

Haven't heard back yet, but thought that maybe there was some way we could help everyone in the future with an in demand title like Thor.

Stay tuned...

And thanks to Simon - lets try and not get too caught up in this scalper discussion, just hoping my small amount of info would help. :thumbs:

Hey guys, I did ask Tony a day or so ago if he'd be interested in seeing if we could get a quantity just for HDN for a future GB for members here.

Haven't heard back yet, but thought that maybe there was some way we could help everyone in the future with an in demand title like Thor.

Stay tuned...

And thanks to Simon - lets try and not get too caught up in this scalper discussion, just hoping my small amount of info would help. :thumbs:

A beautiful proof of love :drool: :hilarious:

Thanks Andy

Last edited:
You, singularly, have my utmost respect, sir.

My 2 cents...

Reactions: zoneism