Threads - Zavvi [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Issue #1 is available to pre-order here for £9.99.
Here at ZBOX, we’re teaming up with some of the best up-and-coming designers, writers and graphic novelists in order to bring you THREADS. For just £9.99, you will receive an exclusively designed T-Shirt and a either a book or graphic novel based around the same theme. Each month will be limited to 1000 boxes.

More info on the Threads subscription can be found here.

1.jpg

Right, copy of The Night Manager which has just finished its TV run on the BBC and a t-shirt that I think I'll need help working out what it's from.
No idea what that's from... reminds me of the opening sequence to Bond films with the gun barrel, but then the heart doesn't make sense. :confused:

My guess is it's bond but he's shot you from the title sequence.
So the classic opening when he finally shoots your seeing what he shoots at and its you from his point of view

Reactions: Noodles and bigfub
Apparently it is Bond... I didn't realise the design is off centre on the shirt and it actually sits over your heart, which now makes sense!

Ahh just see your reply.

I actually don't mind it, cool shirt @bigfub

I've received this also today. It's okay but if this would've been the first box I wouldn't have subscribed.
It's still a fair price though. Maybe I'll see what the third is and decide then if I cancel or not..

Reactions: Travis Bickle
I see the email about threads box #3 with an image of spiderman

Does that mean it will be a spiderman related t shirt?
Does anyone know what image they used for the bond and blade runner emails?

I might put an order in to try it out but not 100% sure, when does payment get taken? What dates were the last 2? (If anyone can help me out, maybe @bigfub ?)
Cheers

I have a big collection of Movie/Music t-Shirts and thought the 'Bladerunner' shirt was nice in the first threads box luckily i found one on ebay for the same price as the threads box so the seller got his money back and i got the shirt i wanted and its actually not bad quality think these threads are better value than the ZBox.

I have a big collection of Movie/Music t-Shirts and thought the 'Bladerunner' shirt was nice in the first threads box luckily i found one on ebay for the same price as the threads box so the seller got his money back and i got the shirt i wanted and its actually not bad quality think these threads are better value than the ZBox.

So lucky! I found one on Ebay but it's a medium. Damn my slightly podgier build!

Reactions: Travis Bickle
I see the email about threads box #3 with an image of spiderman

Does that mean it will be a spiderman related t shirt?
Does anyone know what image they used for the bond and blade runner emails?

I might put an order in to try it out but not 100% sure, when does payment get taken? What dates were the last 2? (If anyone can help me out, maybe @bigfub ?)
Cheers
If I remember correctly... they had Deadpool and Captain America on the promo image for Issue #1, and Boba Fett and The Joker on Issue #2, so it has nothing to do with the actual theme of what's inside unfortunately mate.

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
If I remember correctly... they had Deadpool and Captain America on the promo image for Issue #1, and Boba Fett and The Joker on Issue #2, so it has nothing to do with the actual theme of what's inside unfortunately mate.

Lol oh right! Yeah completely nothing to do with the shirts or the comic/ book! Couldn't be further away lol
So spiderman might = oldboy or drive lol
(I'd be happy with a drive style t shirt :) )

Cheers mate

(Actually I would love a drive t shirt that's like the scorpion jacket, so it looks like your wearing his jacket. That would be awesome - might have a little search around to see if you can get one in that style)

Reactions: Noodles
Lol oh right! Yeah completely nothing to do with the shirts or the comic/ book! Couldn't be further away lol
So spiderman might = oldboy or drive lol
(I'd be happy with a drive style t shirt :) )

Cheers mate

(Actually I would love a drive t shirt that's like the scorpion jacket, so it looks like your wearing his jacket. That would be awesome - might have a little search around to see if you can get one in that style)
Haha yeah... typical Zavvi mentality. I'd rather they did shirts for stuff like Blade Runner and 007 than superheroes anyway... mainly because there's already tons of those to choose from, plus I'm picky with my superhero stuff lol.

Obviously I'd love a Drive one too! I've seen a couple over the years, but none that look too great unfortunately. Something of a similar style and colour (neon) to the Blade Runner shirt would look awesome for Drive though IMO. :cool:

Haha yeah... typical Zavvi mentality. I'd rather they did shirts for stuff like Blade Runner and 007 than superheroes anyway... mainly because there's already tons of those to choose from, plus I'm picky with my superhero stuff lol.

Obviously I'd love a Drive one too! I've seen a couple over the years, but none that look too great unfortunately. Something of a similar style and colour (neon) to the Blade Runner shirt would look awesome for Drive though IMO. :cool:

Oh same but because of the style of the blade runner and bond shirt I thought if it was spidey it might be something a bit more unique and not a standard superhero t shirt image. Something a bit more arty or clever

I'm also picky with superhero t shirts, I find a lot of them a bit cheesey or they just plain don't suit me

I've seen some OK drive shirts and some really bad ones. None in the style i was trying to imagine though lol

Can't work out if I like this design or not
image.jpeg

I like this though lol

image.png

Reactions: Noodles
Oh same but because of the style of the blade runner and bond shirt I thought if it was spidey it might be something a bit more unique and not a standard superhero t shirt image. Something a bit more arty or clever

I'm also picky with superhero t shirts, I find a lot of them a bit cheesey or they just plain don't suit me

I've seen some OK drive shirts and some really bad ones. None in the style i was trying to imagine though lol

Can't work out if I like this design or not
View attachment 235833

I like this though lol

View attachment 235834
Same here... they either look really cheesy or like something for kids lol. I've never seen a Drive t-shirt that I absolutely love... they're all usually quite basic and boring. I've seen the one you posted before, and I do quite like it apart from the splatter everywhere... it ruins it IMO. Haha that Mario one is cool though! I'd definitely wear that. :D

@Flloydo Subscription payment comes out at the beginning of the month, I got all excited initially as I though Zavvi were going to despatch but ended up being another couple of weeks after payment

• Informative
@Flloydo Subscription payment comes out at the beginning of the month, I got all excited initially as I though Zavvi were going to despatch but ended up being another couple of weeks after payment

Cheers bigfub,

Oh yeah I remember because it seemed like it was taking a while to get to you but it just hadn't been dispatched

Damn, if it is still avaliable around 16th of next month I might jump on it and try the next one out, do these sell out? Did the last two?

Noticed zavvi don't have them to buy after like most zboxes have.
Maybe They might in a few months.

I managed to get the zombie tshirt a few months after the Zbox last year on its own for £4.99 so you never know

Got This Mail Today and wanted to share it with the ones that want to try ThreadZ :)

FIRST MONTH'S THREADS SUBSCRIPTION
ONLY £5
48 HOURS ONLY

CODE: THREADS5

Receive your first month's Threads Box for only £5! Simply choose your size and enter CODE: THREADS5 at checkout for your discount to be applied.

Includes a T-Shirt and a Book or Graphic Novel!

Mods Remove this if there is a better place for more people to see it

Reactions: Flash
Got This Mail Today and wanted to share it with the ones that want to try ThreadZ :)

FIRST MONTH'S THREADS SUBSCRIPTION
ONLY £5
48 HOURS ONLY

CODE: THREADS5

Receive your first month's Threads Box for only £5! Simply choose your size and enter CODE: THREADS5 at checkout for your discount to be applied.

Includes a T-Shirt and a Book or Graphic Novel!

Mods Remove this if there is a better place for more people to see it

Does this have the same auto renew? You can't just get one box? Cancelling my zbox subscription took forever :(