THX do you use it????

ocielz

El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
my receiver has THX settings for Games, Movies, and Music, my question is do you guys and gals use them??? i never really played around with them i just calibrated my system and left it at that. Netflix i use Dolby ProLogic IIx for good surround for some stereo shows/movies. chime in compadres :oohyeah:

yes i m using thx setting in some part of movie its depend on source audio channels and
speaker ,cable and amp set up
i love thx setting infact i love it

I have a fully THX certified home cinema, but have never used it. I set it up, calibrated it and off i went. Now i have looked at the settings in the set up menu but never really got round to setting it up. Has long has Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HDMA sound clear and loud I'm happy.

Reactions: psychoscot
Everything in my set up bar my bluray player has a THX badge and other than on my TV I never use it. I prefer native processing of DTS without the THX processing.

I do use the THX option on my TV for watching blurays and DVD's as it's an automatic calibrated to perfection image that is truly gorgeous. I will state though that the setting is for watching in evening lamp light or lower which isn't a problem for me as I have black out blinds but some may find the image to dark if they watch in a fully lit room.

The reason I purchased my Onkyo HT-RC180 Receiver was that it was THX approved. I have to say I was underwhelmed by THX processing. My new receiver (Pioneer SC2023) has no such processing and I believe that it wipes the floor sonically with my old Onkyo.

Reactions: ocielz
The THX processing is just an add on and not why most people buy THX amps and receivers. That badge basically means a standard of excellence, and that the product meets certain power and performance criteria above those product's without certification. :)