Time for an upgrade I think, but to what?

Lester

Premium Supporter
Sep 6, 2011
London, UK
Hi, I'm looking at replacing/upgrading my old TV and dvd player and I thought it would be simple, but seems not. I have almost decided on the TV, a Samsung UE32ES6540 LED TV FULL HD 1080p 3D Smart TV (unless anyone has a better 32" 3D Smart option?). I thought the TV would be the hard bit and I was planning on just going in to Richer Sounds and asking them for a 3D multi-region Blu-Ray player and get what they recommend, but it seems its a bit difficult to get a 3D multi-region Blu-Ray player. Anyone have any ideas on a player and where from, either with a hardware mod or a remote hack for multi-region Blu-Rays? I'm in the UK by the way. My other option would be to import from the US, but that a load more questions, so I'm trying to avoid that route if I can. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply, but after a quick price search I can see that player is a bit out of my budget and will be more than the TV. I was thinking more like around £150ish, give or take should've been enough for a player.

I've since found THIS but I've never heard of the store and I'm guessing they're probably doing modifying themselves and not likely to have any manufactures warranty. Plus I was looking at the same player un-modified at Richer sounds last week for £89. So £140 extra seems a bit steep for modifying it.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I think the LG BP325 could a possibility. I think a bit more digging is required.

Not looking to hi-jack the thread but it seemed better to not make a new thread when there already was one dealing with my question.

Has anyone bought a BD-player from http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/index.php ?

I'm looking to get a regionfree player but all the ones I've found are really expensive. Any suggestions are welcome.

I know Panasonic players can play region A & B with a small trick on the remote, but it's not always working.

Thanks. I keep seeing that the Panasonic players are a bit hit and miss.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Not looking to hi-jack the thread but it seemed better to not make a new thread when there already was one dealing with my question.

I'm looking to get a regionfree player but all the ones I've found are really expensive. Any suggestions are welcome.

Don't worry about hi-jacking. It seems we're both after the same thing and I too would like to know if anyone has dealt with that store before, as they're the only people I've managed to find. I was thinking of taking a trip to see them, but having checked, they're about 1.5 hours drive away. I still might do that and may come out with something, but I think a phone call at the weekend first. Besides I think I need to sort the TV first.

Yes they are local to me, good bunch of lads in there & they know what they are doing. I always tend to get any stuff from them, in fact just upgraded to a Pioneer VSX-422-K Home Cinema Amplifier with speakers & pioneer BD150 multiregion Bluray player from them.

Reactions: dirtyoak
Yup same here. Bought my TV from them as they are only down the road from me and the guys in there are superb. When my BD player goes bang I'll be getting my next one from there

well somewhere around November im upgrading to 3d. now i have panasonic DMP BD 55 and i have decided to get Panasonic DMP-BDT330.

i got my new tv (Samsung UE55ES8000)this December and because of my work i almost have never used it so far...