[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Titane (2021)

Genre: Mystery, Thriller

Director: Julia Ducournau

Cast: Vincent Lindon, Agathe Rousselle, Nathalie Boyer, Garance Marillier, Laïs Salameh, Dominique Frot

Release: 2021-07-07

Runtime: 108

Plot: A young man with a bruised face is picked up by airport customs officers. He claims to be Adriane Legrand, who disappeared as a child ten years ago. For Adriene’s father Vincent, a long nightmare has finally come to its end, and he takes the young man home. At the same time, a series of gruesome murders is ravaging the area...

Saw the trailer for this yesterday, looks fantastic. Has shot up to one of my most anticipated of the year.
Hype train is leaving the station.

Lets Go Screen GIF by Doctor Who

Reactions: Space Cadet
Watched it yesterday, as a little break between daily horror films this Halloween month.

Well, I was really impressed by the opening long tracking shot set to a song by one if my favorite bands, The Kills. When lesbian scenes and crazy spontaneous violence followed, I was thinking already how I'd be praising this movie as the best of the decade! But, after the first 35-40 minutes it morphs into a family drama, slows down a lot, and really undermines itself. Would have been better to start slower, maybe build up a mystery, and then go out with a bang, even if one had to toss up scenes, like Tarantino did in Pulp Fiction.
I still appreciated its 'rawness', and fantasy inspired by Ballard's Crash themes, although that one was more realistic of course.
Liked that sudden fight scenes were done in one take, instead of doing 35 cuts from six different angles with an epileptic camera so you couldn't see or understand anything - there is still hope for real cinema in such smaller independent movies, that's why I love them and seek them out.
Either way it's a must watch, grows on you the more you think about it, and you do think about it, doesn't fly through and out like most Marvel 'blockbusters'.

Zombies song "She's not There" from the 60's used in the trailer actually appears in the film as well, and fits very well, as in 'she's not all there'.
Also liked this song, that I've never heard before. If "Doing it to Death" represents the first half well, this one fits with the tone and mood of the latter portion:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database