Gladiator (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult #20) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 8, 2024
Purchase links: Titan Edition Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Supreme Edition Amazon UK (Pre-order live on Thursday August 10)
Price: £49.99 (Titan Edition) - £100.00 (Supreme Edition)

Gladiator Titans Edition.jpgF3KLinRWwAAktKq.jpeg

81o-Q2qYNbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71ts50ztlNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71vZJjcogiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg51+R55pEFTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71Bfs+spd8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71ey88D1LpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

366299866_10160803398651718_7038014868924315927_n.jpeg366306524_10160803692561718_1407507922234867499_n.jpeg

Last edited:
Thing is, if it's a good title it'll no doubt sell out much like The Thing proceeded to do. Win Win for them.
I wonder how much of a balance it is between licensing better films from studios versus the production and manufacturing costs against eventual profit margins.
The Thing sold out.
Star Trek didn't.
So do better films cost more to licence than an average film?

Given their "cheaprimum" status (trade mark :LOL: ) would it be bit more difficult for them to pick up a popular film do you think?

Or am I reading far to much into the marketing here. Lol.

Last edited:
The only 'massive' edition I own is the Midsommar A24, not in terms of thickness and with but height wise. It's a beauty but I wouldn't want too many editions like that in my collection...
I didn't get the £100 rambo set from zavvi but I feel like they will be comparable in size to that. Honestly I'm starting to worry about shelf space.

Reactions: leelee17
If those plates are anything like Displate, I would bet on it pushing past £100 or being very close to it., but it's nice they're doing an edition without those plates so you can pick n choose which ones you want to go all in on.

Sooo... still no booklet?

I don't think it'll be a metal plate poster, it's just gonna have cheap $0.99 chocolate bar metallic printing.
And what are those big flat things in the Supreme box, large art-cards?

Speculation on price for the "Supreme Edition"?
Wonder if they'll push for £60 on that one.
I'm going to hazard a bet they'll price them at £40 and £60.
Nbc I Concur GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• Haha
Reactions: TheWildEye
Any Announcements on the title?

:naughty:

They said in their last post they hoped to announce it before Junes end. But then didnt do anything for 2 weeks. I don't think it helped everyone, including me were just complaining about the lack of updates and the constant cgi mock ups instead of an actual photo of anything. I would have even taken a photo of a blank box in the new style.

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRattray
Never purchased a TOC release until just recently when HMV heavily discounted their Matrix release.... I bagged it without checking here first. What a big o' shite. Bland, gloss-free, rubbish steel housed in plastic.

Serious buyers regret with The Matrix. So far TOC have done nothing to keep my interest in any future releases.... (Until they release some pretty pictures) :smuggrin:

Never purchased a TOC release until just recently when HMV heavily discounted their Matrix release.... I bagged it without checking here first. What a big o' shite. Bland, gloss-free, rubbish steel housed in plastic.

Serious buyers regret with The Matrix. So far TOC have done nothing to keep my interest in any future releases.... (Until they release some pretty pictures) :smuggrin:
In terms of Steelbook finish they have actually done some really nice ones. I love the Mad Max one, wonder woman, Pacific Rim has really nice silk screen. I think they got a little lazy with the finish for a while. But the thing and star trek are actually really nice in the hand.

I won't pretend they are my favourite or the best, cos I'm not stupid. But I do feel like the hate they get is somewhat unfounded.

If they up their game with the new releases they could be scratching the door of premium.