Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Megathread - Sells A Million!

Jan 29, 2009
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. ("High Altitude Warfare eXperimental squadron")[3] is an upcoming combat flight simulator video game developed by Ubisoft Romania and published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is to be released in March 3, 2009 (US)[4]. It was officially announced on July 15, 2008 at E3 2008.

H.A.W.X. is set in 2012 above the skies of a world increasingly dependent on private military companies (PMCs) and elite mercenaries who have a relaxed view on the law. As these non-governmental organizations gain power, global conflict erupts with one powerful PMC attacking the United States.[8]

HAWX_HELMET_and_LOGO.jpg

The game is set in the same universe as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter; as Captain Scott Mitchell, the Ghost leader, is featured in one of the missions.[9] Plot elements are carried over from other Tom Clancy games such as the missile defense system found in Tom Clancy's EndWar.[9] G4's interview with H.A.W.X.'s lead designer reveals that the game takes place in between Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Tom Clancy's EndWar.[10] [11]

The player begins the game as a former U.S. Air Force Pilot David Crinshaw who provides fire-support missions for the Ghost team as part of an elite unit called H.A.W.X. Some time after the events of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, the player joins a PMC, and flies missions for them until there is a crisis with the United States being attacked by the player's PMC. At this point, the player returns to the United States Air Force to defend the country from the PMC.

SCREENSHOTS!
tom-clancys-hawx-screens-and-art-20080403095019207_640w.jpg

tom-clancys-hawx-20080402033529879_640w.jpg

tom-clancys-hawx-screens-and-art-20080403095013989_640w.jpg

VIDEO OF HAWX IN ACTION!!!
CLICK HERE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never said it was hard :p can be frustrating at times tho...

anyways ... just finished the game on elite, got trophies for finising it on hard and normal too ... so thankfully I dont have to do that over immediately and when I do it over it will be for fun :)

I am not sure, I might for a bit, since we moved an hour ahead I am going to workout at the beach and might be in a bit late home. In case I do go online I'll send you a message, game is awesome btw! love it when it reaches Mach 2 and you got that whole air fight is just simple sweet! I loved the off mode man! the action is much better I think!

I was playing on cockpit mode, dude I get a headache! I could not take down anyone for the life of me! I love the assistance off the camera really lets you take a look at how nice the levels are specially the Rio de Janeiro, is freakin sweet!

I never use cockpit, just the reg mode and then assistance off mode... just the two.

Ubisoft just swooped in and let us know that Tom Clancy's HAWX will soon receive a fresh delivery of planes direct from Europe. The European Assault Pack DLC launches on April 23 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 -- priced at 400 and $4.99, respectively -- and includes six new vehicles from the "robust" Saab-37 Viggen to the FB-22 prototype bomber.

Along with the press release, Ubisoft sent us a gaggle of images for the content... as well as images for content that wasn't announced. A folder marked Russian Falcons included images of five yet-to-be-announced aircraft and a folder titled US Eagles revealed another five, including the sleek A-12 Avenger. HAWX fans should keep their discs handy, as it looks like this one is getting a few more upgrades in the near future.

Source: Joystiq

SWEET!! I just finished the story mode this weekend and got to say the game was good :)