Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Megathread - Sells A Million!

Jan 29, 2009
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. ("High Altitude Warfare eXperimental squadron")[3] is an upcoming combat flight simulator video game developed by Ubisoft Romania and published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is to be released in March 3, 2009 (US)[4]. It was officially announced on July 15, 2008 at E3 2008.

H.A.W.X. is set in 2012 above the skies of a world increasingly dependent on private military companies (PMCs) and elite mercenaries who have a relaxed view on the law. As these non-governmental organizations gain power, global conflict erupts with one powerful PMC attacking the United States.[8]

HAWX_HELMET_and_LOGO.jpg

The game is set in the same universe as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter; as Captain Scott Mitchell, the Ghost leader, is featured in one of the missions.[9] Plot elements are carried over from other Tom Clancy games such as the missile defense system found in Tom Clancy's EndWar.[9] G4's interview with H.A.W.X.'s lead designer reveals that the game takes place in between Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Tom Clancy's EndWar.[10] [11]

The player begins the game as a former U.S. Air Force Pilot David Crinshaw who provides fire-support missions for the Ghost team as part of an elite unit called H.A.W.X. Some time after the events of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, the player joins a PMC, and flies missions for them until there is a crisis with the United States being attacked by the player's PMC. At this point, the player returns to the United States Air Force to defend the country from the PMC.

SCREENSHOTS!
tom-clancys-hawx-screens-and-art-20080403095019207_640w.jpg

tom-clancys-hawx-20080402033529879_640w.jpg

tom-clancys-hawx-screens-and-art-20080403095013989_640w.jpg

VIDEO OF HAWX IN ACTION!!!
CLICK HERE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Tom Clancy Games typically but I just couldnt get into Endgame

This game looks sweet, awesome video.

A downloadable demo for Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. hits the Playstation 3 on Feb. 12 and the Xbox 360 on Feb. 11, Ubisoft announced today. The demo will arrive on the PC on Feb. 26.

The demo will include jump-in, jump-out co-op for up to four-players, two game difficulties, three planes and two missions.

Operation: Off Certification is a training mode that teaches gamers how to pull different maneuvers. Operation: Glass Hammer takes place in Rio De Janeiro and includes support of the Assistance On mode which allows your plane's computer to calculate interception courses, evade missiles or hit a ground target.

The three planes that will be flyable will be the F-16A Fighting Falcon, SU-35 Super Flanker and the AV-8B Harrier II.

Ubisoft says that the demo will also let players take on tanks, amphibious targets and dog fight in a "stunning panoramic boss scene."

Despite the Xbox 360 demo now being live, Ubisoft have just let us know that the PS3 version of the HAWX demo has been delayed, until February 26th, citing a “late discovery of an unexpected issue.” Ubisoft apologise for the situation.

Despite the Xbox 360 demo now being live, Ubisoft have just let us know that the PS3 version of the HAWX demo has been delayed, until February 26th, citing a “late discovery of an unexpected issue.” Ubisoft apologise for the situation.

seems fishy to me. normally im not a skeptic, but too often in the past has M$ gotten the hat tipped towards them with multi-plat demos. i suppose its not that big of a deal, not like they get the game before us.

either way, im really looking forward to this demo. big fan of the ace combat series, and have been looking for that fix for awhile. hopefully hawx delivers! :D

seems fishy to me. normally im not a skeptic, but too often in the past has M$ gotten the hat tipped towards them with multi-plat demos. i suppose its not that big of a deal, not like they get the game before us.

either way, im really looking forward to this demo. big fan of the ace combat series, and have been looking for that fix for awhile. hopefully hawx delivers! :D

Big uproar on the official site forums. You cannot use the advanced controls in FPS mode like ace combat, only in Third person mode...

hmm. well, i usually only use third person mode anyways. so no loss for me :p

not like the ace combat camera, watch the video its in the crazy mode where your behind it viewing in like an action camera, or at least that's what I got from the forums.

watched a couple videos. the trailers w/o actual game play make it look like you can have the closer TP mode like in ace combat games, but the couple trailers i watched w/ gameplay it was only cockpit modes and that mode you described. its almost as if you are in another jet watching your jet. could take awhile to get use to.

very glad they have a demo then.