Cover A (666 copies)
revenge_of_the_warrior_mediabook_cover_a.jpg
Cover B (555 copies)
revenge_of_the_warrior_mediabook_cover_b.jpg
Cover C (444 copies)
revenge_of_the_warrior_mediabook_cover_c.jpg
Cover D (333 copies)
revenge_of_the_warrior_mediabook_cover_d.jpg

Oh shoot. Sorry. Then i cant remember who the other person i'm supposed to tag that was also a fan of this movie. :ohno::LOL:

BUT, you havent seen this film yet?????????!!! Blasphemy! Go watch it! :p It's called The Protector on our side. Came out in 2005.
Not really my cup of tea. I'll stick with KICKPUNCHER.:D

This movie has some of the best fights I've seen. Tony Jaa makes Jackie Chan look like cartoon.
All these fights look choreographed within an inch of their life.
(Like when movies have sword fights that have people making swords clank together, and you know the characters are not even going for a an actual physical body blow)

• Thanks
Reactions: Real Steel
All these fights look choreographed within an inch of their life.
(Like when movies have sword fights that have people making swords clank together, and you know the characters are not even going for a an actual physical body blow)
I remember when Tony Jaa first came out, his thing was that he didn't use any stunt doubles and didnt use any wires either. I dont know if that's true for his movies now but it's true for this and Ong Bak.

I remember when Tony Jaa first came out, his thing was that he didn't use any stunt doubles and didnt use any wires either. I dont know if that's true for his movies now but it's true for this and Ong Bak.
yes, totally agree. and the fight sequences are complete takes, not hollywood-type quick edits which are actually stitches of short takes to give the impression of a continuous sequence.

his somersaults off the wall and running on top the shoulders of many men are all without wires.

i especially like the sequence when he took down 50+ men and we can see clearly how he did it, not the chop chop close-up edits. gee, i need to watch it again. wonder if this release would have a better transfer with a solid bit rate than the US release?

He must be using trampolines then. There are shots in here that could not be done without assist.
(Or is he really running and jumping 30 feet over a guy ?!)

He must be using trampolines then. There are shots in here that could not be done without assist.

apparently he really is. there's an interview segment in the US disc, if i remember correctly, where Tony Jaa explained. and it was quite hilarious.

he said when he saw the stunts in movies when he was young, he didn't know they were special effects created by wires etc. he thought they were real! so he wanted to do the same thing and he started to train himself and practice until he could do it. :LOL:

He's the real deal man! Have you never seen any Tony Jaa films? I'm a bit surprised.
May be it was the same interview @Real Steel mentioned (I cant remember) but they were talking about how he would spend 3 hours PER DAY training himself and practicing stunts. It wasnt for just a few months before the films, he would do this even when he doesnt film.

And to think i was so damn close to meeting him couple of years ago when he came to Toronto. I had no idea. I was so pissed when i found out. :angry:
This guy at work shows me a picture and ask me if i know who that is. I was like "Are you f*cking kidding me?". He did a few stunts with him like jumping over, etc. :mad:

• Thanks
Reactions: Real Steel
yes, totally agree. and the fight sequences are complete takes, not hollywood-type quick edits which are actually stitches of short takes to give the impression of a continuous sequence.

his somersaults off the wall and running on top the shoulders of many men are all without wires.

i especially like the sequence when he took down 50+ men and we can see clearly how he did it, not the chop chop close-up edits. gee, i need to watch it again. wonder if this release would have a better transfer with a solid bit rate than the US release?
And the one-shot staircase sequence? That was so beautiful. I've been waiting a LONG time to see ANY limited edition for this movie. All I have right now is the Amaray.
I hope it's a better transfer. Also, it says this has a 20min longer version. I dont think i've seen that one. :D

Funny thing about this movie, When it was first released, I *unknowingly :coffee:* pirated it, watched it twice, and then it got a limited release in North America about a year after. So i took about 10 of my friends from school at the time to watch it in the theatre. For some reason, there was a huge line up before the movie. But all of us just went in front of the line and stood there, no one said anything :rofl::cool:.

And the one-shot staircase sequence? That was so beautiful. I've been waiting a LONG time to see ANY limited edition for this movie. All I have right now is the Amaray.
I hope it's a better transfer. Also, it says this has a 20min longer version. I dont think i've seen that one. :D

Funny thing about this movie, When it was first released, I *unknowingly :coffee:* pirated it, watched it twice, and then it got a limited release in North America about a year after. So i took about 10 of my friends from school at the time to watch it in the theatre. For some reason, there was a huge line up before the movie. But all of us just went in front of the line and stood there, no one said anything :rofl::cool:.
Won't this release be only German sub, just like the current German Amaray?

I think the 20 min longer is the same as the current US release 110 min. The current German release is only 90 min.

I'm going to ask a friend to check out the HK release because blu-ray.com lists it having LPCM 7.1 audio. If that is correct then I hope it has the best video transfer too.

I think the 20 min longer is the same as the current US release 110 min. The current German release is only 90 min.

I'm going to ask a friend to check out the HK release because blu-ray.com lists it having LPCM 7.1 audio. If that is correct then I hope it has the best video transfer too.
Probably. That is always the kicker- getting a foreign film from another foreign country almost guarantees that there will be no english subs.

True. Let us know what you find. :)

I didnt know German cut was only 90mins. Wonder what they cut?