Top Gun (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection #156) [Czech Republic]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 9, 2020 (Standard SteelBook) - December 3, 2021 (FAC)
Purchase links: BD - 4K - FAC
Price: 599 CZK (BD) - 999 CZK (4K) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Full Slip XL - 501 copies
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

top2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes zero sense. Just look when some of previous GB's started... o_O
Will try this roulette. Tried but failed so far. xD
Look, I'm not a scientist, I admit that, but I do know there are different time zones on the this oblique spheroid and yes,, Earth - is not flat...

• Haha
Reactions: Actarus
Man these prices are getting more and more insane. I was waiting like crazy for this one but with postage and everything else connected, we're talking cca 100€ :(

When i was looking for Gladiator XL price was a bit over 70€ if i'm not mistaken and add shipping of 20-30€ you are at 100€.
From what i'm seeing this isn't anything new.

It's really not worth the money, the steelbook is not unique to this set.. plus who needs three sets of character cards along with a booklet which has more photos. The slipcover is not that groundbreaking either. The only thing I like is the numbering card that comes with it lol

Reactions: CleverLoginName
When i was looking for Gladiator XL price was a bit over 70€ if i'm not mistaken and add shipping of 20-30€ you are at 100€.
From what i'm seeing this isn't anything new.

Yes, but Gladiator was a masterpiece. Top Gun is one of my alltime fav movies, but let's be honest...it's a crappy/cheesy movie :p So if you take that into consideration....I can't really compare these two.
I understand what you're trying to say, but then again, you have newer movies that are also 4k and are cheaper...

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
It's really not worth the money, the steelbook is not unique to this set.. plus who needs three sets of character cards along with a booklet which has more photos. The slipcover is not that groundbreaking either. The only thing I like is the numbering card that comes with it lol
I have never understood the point of character cards. What are you supposed to do with them? You take them out, look at them once, realize they're exactly the same as what you saw in the beauty shots online months before, and then they forever live in a folder in a slipcase with a little paper ring holding them all together. I feel similarly about booklets that are just screenshots from the movie, with no text, no behind-the-scenes, no concept art. Am I missing something? Do these things bring some of you overwhelming joy? Do you ever look at them more than once?

I have never understood the point of character cards. What are you supposed to do with them? You take them out, look at them once, realize they're exactly the same as what you saw in the beauty shots online months before, and then they forever live in a folder in a slipcase with a little paper ring holding them all together. I feel similarly about booklets that are just screenshots from the movie, with no text, no behind-the-scenes, no concept art. Am I missing something? Do these things bring some of you overwhelming joy? Do you ever look at them more than once?
Yes I do love Bonus items; Character cards,booklet, art cards, collector folder and each time I rewatch a movie I look at them. Great Fullslips, WEA Steelbooks and Bonus make it worth it for me to collecting these...the Current SM Life Steelbook releases for Disney movies package actually suck and finishes aren’t that great, only Aladdin was worth collecting. It really comes down to a great package all together, no cutting corners.

Reactions: MrPurps and Mark
yeah I mean its only really great if you totally love the movie/the actors.. but one set of character cards is enough in that respect.. three lots is nothing special.. this top gun release should have just said comes with character cards .. not dressed up as three different bonuses when its basically the same thing. A booklet I can live with for photos, if it has that I don't need character cards.

Yes I do love Bonus items; Character cards,booklet, art cards, collector folder and each time I rewatch a movie I look at them. Great Fullslips, WEA Steelbooks and Bonus make it worth it for me to collecting these...the Current SM Life Steelbook releases for Disney movies package actually suck and finishes aren’t that great, only Aladdin was worth collecting. It really comes down to a great package all together, no cutting corners.
and of course if you love this type of bonus then these additions are right up your street and I get alot of people like that. I sometimes just can't justify the cost of these additions for just cards of images, If i wanna see the pictures I can google lol. A booklet is always a good addition tho. For me these collectors additions are all about the limited edition steels/great slipcover art front and back with some effect or lenticular too is always nice

and of course if you love this type of bonus then these additions are right up your street and I get alot of people like that. I sometimes just can't justify the cost of these additions for just cards of images, If i wanna see the pictures I can google lol. A booklet is always a good addition tho. For me these collectors additions are all about the limited edition steels/great slipcover art front and back with some effect or lenticular too is always nice
Yes I agree, To me it’s really about the package ! Not interested in googling anything as I like the feel, textures, the smell of an open package, it’s nice to touch, and feel what you just bought. It’s almost like being a kid again. Too much things are virtual these days, so it’s nice to be buying those fully stock premiums. I still purchase vinyls as well, it’s nice to feel and smell a brand new just open vinyl.. and I don’t download anytjing(I actually dump digital codes as I do not want to support this market, when I buy an Amaray it’s for the physical Blu-ray disk)

Reactions: DMD4k and MrPurps