UK
Release date: September 12, 2016
Purchase link: Top Gun (live August 14)
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes slipcase.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
LOL Zavvi going crazy with the slip boxes now.
Here's the conversation at Zavvi after the Snow white and the huntsman released:
"Hey we just added a paper box to the steel thingy and people are willing to pay higher prices!"
"Sweet, let's add paper boxes to all of our steelbooks!"
"What should we put on the boxes?"
"Hmm, I don't know, why don't we put the same thing as the steelbooks?"
"You're a thinker!"

Here's the conversation at Zavvi after the Snow white and the huntsman released:
"Hey we just added a paper box to the steel thingy and people are willing to pay higher prices!"
"You're a thinker!"

lolz

Spot on. Meanwhile other retailers are conjuring up leather slipcases and all sorts whilst Zavvi remain 6 years behind.

:facepalm:This release again with the same error as before:mad:, the full image of this Pilot again:cautious:, have got enough of that person already:meh:, who says that its always the best art to put as a front art:vomit::spam::bag:(n)

"You're a thinker!"
lolz

Spot on. Meanwhile other retailers are conjuring up leather slipcases and all sorts whilst Zavvi remain 6 years behind.

Film Arena did the same thing just last year, every retailer has to start somewhere. Zavvi is regularly criticised for only releasing bog standard Steelbooks with no extras, so it is nice to see something different even if it isn't quite up to the standards of other retailers. I think at this point Zavvi could release the greatest Steelbook package ever and that still wouldn't be enough for some people.

I prefer steels in slip boxes. Much better protection for steels, easy to remove and don't have to put them in those silly polly bags which hides the artwork.

Film Arena did the same thing just last year, every retailer has to start somewhere. Zavvi is regularly criticised for only releasing bog standard Steelbooks with no extras, so it is nice to see something different even if it isn't quite up to the standards of other retailers. I think at this point Zavvi could release the greatest Steelbook package ever and that still wouldn't be enough for some people.

Well said mate. The anti-UK crowd inspires me.to poo in the fanboys threads lol. :)

Anyway pass for me as Paramount are yet to properly remaster Top Gun.

Lol I bet this is the neat thing DB mentioned in Disney thread that zavvi have up their sleeve. Re hashed films/ steels with a slip that's exactly the same

I would like to get the steel because I don't own one but I don't want the slip to have the same image as the steel!!!!

Annoying

I like Zavvi. I order from them constantly and give them lots of my money. I think that making a slip box with the exact same art as the steelbook is super lazy and EASILY avoided. It doesn't matter if it's Zavvi or FilmArena that does it (yes FA was super lazy with their first full slips as well), I will criticize any company that does this. Zavvi was off to a good start with the Snow White design, but this Top Gun slip box is a step back IMO.

It's great to see them continuing with the slips, but giving it the same art as the steelbook is pointless... I'd honestly rather they ditched the slip altogether if it meant the steelbook would be cheaper.

If it means charging more for their steelbooks just because of a slipcover I'd rather they didn't bother. I put all my steelbooks in clear slipcovers anyway and at least that way I get to see the art on the steelbook itself. I understand some people prefer slipcovers and there is a call for it but personally I'm not fussed and would rather have the option of having them without at a lower price

• Thanks
Reactions: dLux