digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
4.71 star(s) Rating: 4.71/5 7 Votes
Title: Top Gun: Maverick

Genre: War, Action

Director: Joseph Kosinski

Cast: Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Glen Powell, Thomasin McKenzie, Manny Jacinto, Charles Parnell, Jay Ellis, Bashir Salahuddin, Danny Ramirez, Monica Barbaro, Lyliana Wray, Jean Louisa Kelly, Raymond Lee, Jake Picking, Greg Tarzan Davis, Kara Wang

Release: 2020-06-26

Plot: Set in the world of drone technology and fifth generation fighters, this sequel will explore the end of the era of dogfighting.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Top Gun 2 (2018)

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR][/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Cruise[/ACTOR]

Plot: [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
h5MbpbLgCMBbvPrLQmIOeAfK0tZ.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]
Per UK Guardian:

"Tony Scott to fly Top Gun sequel in an unmanned direction
Director confirms follow-up to 1986 film will focus on new era of aerial warfare in which pilots control planes remotely

Ben Child
guardian.co.uk, Monday 25 October 2010 12.49 BST
Article history

Cruisin' for a sequel? ... Tom Cruise as 'Maverick' in Top Gun – it has been reported the actor may return for a sequel. Photograph: Cine Text/Allstar/Sportsphoto Ltd
Tony Scott has confirmed he will direct a sequel to his 1986 blockbuster Top Gun. The film, he told the Hitfix blog, could focus on a new era of aerial warfare in which pilots control unmanned planes remotely.

Top Gun
Production year: 1986
Cert (UK): 18
Runtime: 110 mins
Directors: Tony Scott
Cast: Anthony Edwards, Kelly McGillis, Meg Ryan, Tom Cruise, Tom Skerritt, Val Kilmer
More on this film
Earlier this month it was reported that Tom Cruise might return as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell for the sequel, though not in a leading role. Oscar-winning screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie is to write the film with original producer Jerry Bruckheimer also said to be on board.

Scott said he had not planned to return to Top Gun, but had been inspired by a meeting with a young US air force pilot who worked with unmanned drones.

"I don't want to do a remake," Scott told Hitfix. "I don't want to do a reinvention. I want to do a new movie.

"I'm not waiting for a script. I'm going to do my homework. I'm going down to I think it's Fallon, Nevada, down near New Mexico and it's a whole different world now.

"These computer geeks – these kids play war games in a trailer in Fallon, Nevada and if we ever went to war or were in the Middle East or the Far East or wherever it is, these guys can actually fly drones. They are unmanned aircraft. They operate them and then they party all night."

Scott said the film would also be about the end of the era of fighter pilots. He said: "These guys are still test pilots and they manned the drones when they were first running them."

The film is unlikely to be Scott's next film, Hitfix reports, meaning it will most likely be several years before it arrives in cinemas. Studio Paramount has yet to make an official announcement."

As per IMDB:

The studio and Bruckheimer made the announcement today with their deal beginning in April of 2014. In addition, the deal also includes details on a new Beverly Hills Cop and also Top Gun 2. Both films will bring back their respective stars Eddie Murphy and Tom Cruise with Bruckheimer producing the two new films which were produced during his early success at Paramount. In addition, Bruckheimer also took one of his Disney projects to his new studio home.

This past summer, Bruckheimer believed the film could come together, despite the fact that the film's original director Tony Scott is no longer with us. As of now Cruise is attached, and Skydance Productions (who has produced the recent Mission: Impossible sequels with the actor and Bad Robot) is developing the sequel. There have been hints at a story leaning toward the idea of modern day fighter pilots controlling remote drones and was said to "partially examine the end of the era of fighter pilots," but that was before The Town writer Peter Craig was hired to script the sequel.

Attachments

• top-gun-300x300.jpg
    top-gun-300x300.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Reactions: ocielz
You really think this movie will happen? After Tony Scott having left us I didn't think that TG2 would ever get done.... I kinda' think they should just leave this alone. Bruckheimer and Cruise don't need anymore money, lol. TG is a legendary movie that even made a fan out of me 20 some odd years later after release, why mess with its legacy as a film this many years later especially without the man who made the first one. On the other hand if done right with today's tech and CG available can you imagine the possibilities!!! They gotta' get the script right if there going to go ahead with this.

'Top Gun 2' Lands 'Jungle Book' Writer (Exclusive)

top_gun_film_still_a_l.jpg

Skydance is producing the sequel to 1980s classic with Jerry Bruckheimer
Justin Marks, the writer behind Disney’s upcoming live-action version of The Jungle Book, in negotiations to work on Top Gun 2, the sequel to the 1980s Tom Cruise classic that is being made by Paramount and Skydance.

The move will goose up the long-in-the-works sequel and comes after the recent Paramount arrival of producer Jerry Bruckheimer. After years with a studio deal at Disney, Bruckheimer moved to the Melrose Avenue-based studio lot in April.

David Ellison of Skydance is also producing. Skydance's Dana Goldberg is exec producing alongside Chad Oman of Jerry Bruckheimer Films.

Cruise is slated to return as ace pilot Maverick in a story that aims to show the relevance of good old fashioned pilots in today’s high-tech, drone-centric war environment.

Peter Craig, the scribe who wrote Ben Affleck’s The Town, wrote the previous draft a couple of years ago. The project lost some jet fuel when Tony Scott, the director of the 1986 original and who was to direct the sequel, committed suicide in 2012.

Marks’s script for Jungle Book attracted Jon Favreau and the movie is now in production with Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson and Idris Elba among the actors doing the voicework.

Marks previously worked with Bruckheimer when he was hired to write War Dogs, a project centered around military canines that the producer was developing for Disney.

The writer, who is also adapting the Vertigo comic Federal Bureau of Physics for Warner Bros., is repped by CAA, Madhouse Entertainment and Lichter Grossman.
-- hollywoodreporter.com

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ricker and zoneism
Regarding the title of the thread... that's one hell of a heavy gun! :p

PS - Feel free to delete this stupid post once the title has been updated ;)

Reactions: PunkNinja
This is a mistake.Top gun should be left alone.Their was never anything in the first movie that would hint at a sequel.Can't we just let classics stay classics?

Tom Cruise has said that a sequel to Top Gun is "definitely happening".

A sequel to the 1986 smash hit has long been in development, with producer Jerry Bruckheimer revealing last year that he and Cruise were in active discussion about the movie, but talk then went quiet as Cruise moved onto The Mummyand a new Mission: Impossible sequel.

Now though Cruise has confirmed the sequel and told Australian morning show Sunrise, “It is definitely happening.”

He added: “It’s true. It’s true. “I’m going to start filming it probably in the next year. I know. It’s happening. It is definitely happening ... you’re the first people that I’ve said this to.”

Writer Justin Marks, the man who penned the script for Disney's new live-action version of The Jungle Book, had been tapped to write the sequel back in 2014, but it's not known if that is the script in active development.

Top Gun was released in 1986 and starred Cruise, Val Kilmer and Kelly McGillis and told the story of a group of students at the United States Navy's elite fighter weapons school, who compete to be best in the class.

Source: http://www.hmv.com/video/tom-cruise-says-top-gun-2-is-definitely-happening

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Se8ubUU.gif

Top gun is a classic and one of the first movies i ever watched( born in 87). Everyone loves top gun.
Clearly not. :p

I was very late to it to be fair... although I still couldn't see myself liking it even if I did check it out sooner.
I hate it too mate
Phew! Glad I'm not alone then. It's just one big cringe from start to finish IMO. :wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database