Total Recall - 30th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 8, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6429474_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're fooling yourself. There's no such thing as a 'high quality matte'!!!! :p

UK one kicks ass here!
I prefer the UK version with full gloss, but the Best Buy edition is not matte. It has a satin finish, which is smoother and nicer-looking than matte. It has the same satin finish as the Kick-Ass and Halloween steelbooks released by Best Buy recently.

I prefer the UK version with full gloss, but the Best Buy edition is not matte. It has a satin finish, which is smoother and nicer-looking than matte. It has the same satin finish as the Kick-Ass and Halloween steelbooks released by Best Buy recently.

I find it weird that gloss is the apparently only acceptable finish in these forums. The finish for this is as you say and consistent with that of GiTS as well.

Different strokes but I prefer the US one - the only things that I'd wish they'd done is (1) reframe the front as there is no need for that big gap at the top since there is no gaudy "Schwarzenegger" there any more and (2) put something other than a landscape of Mars on the interior given that that is already there on the outside.

Reactions: MM3 and MrSquifler
I find it weird that gloss is the apparently only acceptable finish in these forums. The finish for this is as you say and consistent with that of GiTS as well.

Different strokes but I prefer the US one - the only things that I'd wish they'd done is (1) reframe the front as there is no need for that big gap at the top since there is no gaudy "Schwarzenegger" there any more and (2) put something other than a landscape of Mars on the interior given that that is already there on the outside.
I actually think it would look really nice if they started releasing a bunch of satin steelbooks with spot gloss. Most spot gloss steelbooks use matte for some reason. I also think satin full slips with spot gloss would look nice, too. They should just get rid of matte finish altogether and replace it with satin, but that's just my opinion.

I actually think it would look really nice if they started releasing a bunch of satin steelbooks with spot gloss. Most spot gloss steelbooks use matte for some reason. I also think satin full slips with spot gloss would look nice, too. They should just get rid of matte finish altogether and replace it with satin, but that's just my opinion.
I concur indubitably.:thumbs:

Reactions: MM3