Toy Story Trilogy SteelBooks (Zavvi Exclusive)

Snollygoster

Creative | YouTube
Premium Supporter
Apr 13, 2012
ninjaweek-teaser-728-animated-gif.295665

The Prize
tstory123.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: While these are sealed, 1 & 3 have a slight dent on the front

How to win?
Q: Do you prefer Traditional or CG Animation?
Please explain why.

Terms

Worldwide Entry
1 post per member
Winner pays shipping
Winner chosen at random.org
Ends 26th Feb

GOOD LUCK!

It all depends on who is doing the animation, I love traditional animation as I have fond memories of the old Disney classics. Pixar has made some of my favourite films in gorgeous 3D animation. And finally (I know this wasn't an option but I have to mention it) Laika has done absolutely stunning and incredible stop motion animation with story telling to match the quality.

CGI animation:thumbs:. I understood it when i was watching The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water where there was 60% in animation and 40% in CGI.
I liked it more, it was more interesting and alive. Every character was more engaging to watch i think.:drool:

THANKS FOR THE GIVEAWAY!

I LIKE CG. WITH THE TECHNOLOGY NOW A DAYS, THESE FRIGGIN ANIMATIONS ARE LOOKING SOOOO REAL

Thanks for the giveaway!
I prefer CG animation but when it's done right. It can make a movie much more realistic and easier to watch.

I think that CG animation is better because it looks cleaner and people and animals look real. This give the animator to do almost anything with the characters and it looks real.

Traditional because it's not perfect and that shows it has a soul created by everyone who penciled it or painted it. Much like how I think film has that over digitally recorded movies. It has a soul.

Reactions: severo
Depends on the film. Make a movie like Lion King and I would want traditional. Make a new film and you want to be deceived that what you see is real, so then CGI.

Thank you for the giveaway....

I prefer current cgi just because of the detail they can install, like Monsters Inc, and the detail on sully's fur, when that came out, mind blowing, Toy Story was one of the first GREAT cgi's to come out, from then on has been great....
But I'm still a traditionalist, and very much appreciate the beginnings, Snow White....etc.

I'm more friend of the good old animation movies, but i really enjoyed the new Jungle Book as well. It looked so damn realistic. Looking forward to what will be possible in future.

Thanks for the generous giveaway!

It really does depend on the movie.
Something like the incredibles is definitely better suited to CGI but the classic style disney film works so much better in traditional animation

I very like old Disney movies. Thats mean I'm more like traditional.

Thanks for the giveaway

While I have warmed to CGI as it's gotten better over the years, I don't think I'll ever put it on par with Traditional animation. Viewing those classic Disney films I can literally feel the passion of the artisans that put them together. You can take any CGI you like, to me it will always pale to the likes of Fantasia, Pinnochio, Sleeping Beauty and the others.

Thanks for the giveaway!