TPB and HC tracking app, list?

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hey all, I have a question about keeping track of series.

I am very new to comics as I didn’t grow up with them, but because of HDN and the rebooting of several characters and series got into a few.

I have a few single issue subs with http://www.tfaw.com for single issues.

I have very little time for anything right now but I would prefer just to get a book when the arc is complete (TPB or HC). I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything. I came across some sites where you can sign up for alerts on what’s coming out weekly, but is there an easier alert on some site where I would be able to say “Alert me when a new TPB or HC” comes out of anything in Aliens, Superman, Black Panther etc?

Seems many people scouting around for solution to keep same straight.

I have long thought Amazon should just do this. The company for which I work has a program where libraries can sign up to get new titles by specific authors automatically for example. Would be cool if Amazon or someone else let you set up a standing search/order or alert for format a and keywords or series.

I saw some apps with some features but most are a little shoddy.

Wondering if you guys use anything specific?

@tridon @AcIDc0r3 @Wreck @Apollon @kryptonite @apsmith21

I got no clue on the hard backs or tpb ... i know they are popular tho, good stress relievers to just jump at comics sometimes ... i got back into them after my surgery before summer. I know the buzz word Omnibus is very popular mostly with marvels .... you can get entire stories and arcs all the way back from the first appearances etc.

price wise ebay and amazon are good to check sometimes one is cheaper than other ... and there is one site @tridon linked me too long ago that give slike wholesale price to public.

I don’t use any specific app. I just research Wikipedia for the series I want to follow and but them at Amazon. I usually only buy HC and avoid the TPBs.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I got no clue on the hard backs or tpb ... i know they are popular tho, good stress relievers to just jump at comics sometimes ... i got back into them after my surgery before summer. I know the buzz word Omnibus is very popular mostly with marvels .... you can get entire stories and arcs all the way back from the first appearances etc.

price wise ebay and amazon are good to check sometimes one is cheaper than other ... and there is one site @tridon linked me too long ago that give slike wholesale price to public.

I am not really a fan of the Omnibuses as they are over-sized and sometimes does not fit my shelves.

Before, I only exclusively buy HCs from Amazon. But, lately due to the emergence of beautiful cover artworks, I have re-started buying the single issue variants. I may, occcasionally, also buy HCs of Batman or Superman from Amazon or eBay.

I am not really a fan of the Omnibuses as they are over-sized and sometimes does not fit my shelves.

Before, I only exclusively buy HCs from Amazon. But, lately due to the emergence of beautiful cover artworks, I have re-started buying the single issue variants. I may, occcasionally, also buy HCs of Batman or Superman from Amazon or eBay.

Plus Omnibuses weight like 50lbs... kinda hurts the wrists while trying to read them.