Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Train to Busan

Tagline: Life-or-death survival begins

Genre: Thriller, Action

Director: Yeon Sang-Ho

Cast: Gong Yoo, Ma Dong-seok, Jung Yu-mi, Choi Woo-shik, Ahn So-hee, Kim Soo-an, Kim Eui-sung, Choi Gwi-hwa, Jeong Seok-yong, Kim Chang-hwan, Jang Hyuk-Jin, Shim Eun-kyung, Park Myung-shin, Ye Soo-Jung, Terri Doty

Release: 2016-07-20

Runtime: 118

Plot: Marshal law is declared when a mysterious viral outbreak pushes Korea into a state of emergency. Those on an express train to Busan, a city that has successfully fended off the viral outbreak, must fight for their own survival…

Off topic, but I had no idea certain movie threads were moved to the Horror section... I wasn't even aware we had any upcoming movie release threads in here. Thought I was going crazy when they suddenly vanished from the original Movie section. :LOL:

This is literally the first time I've bothered to check out this part of the forums, as I'm not a huge horror fan... or at least I didn't think I was, but there's quite a few films in here that I'm actually looking forward to, including this one! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Off topic, but I had no idea certain movie threads were moved to the Horror section... I wasn't even aware we had any upcoming movie release threads in here. Thought I was going crazy when they suddenly vanished from the original Movie section. :LOL:

This is literally the first time I've bothered to check out this part of the forums, as I'm not a huge horror fan... or at least I didn't think I was, but there's quite a few films in here that I'm actually looking forward to, including this one! :D

Hey, bud! Yeah, I'm beefing up this Horror section. #HDNHorror trends often on social media, so we're trying to get a new crowd in here -- those that love the scares and gore and everything in-between. Come on by the Horror section more often. More will be added as time goes by... :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Hey, bud! Yeah, I'm beefing up this Horror section. #HDNHorror trends often on social media, so we're trying to get a new crowd in here -- those that love the scares and gore and everything in-between. Come on by the Horror section more often. More will be added as time goes by... :)
That's cool! I've always kind of felt left out when it comes to horror, but thanks to HDN's new Horror section I realise I actually like the genre more than I thought! I'll definitely be checking it out more often now. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
From The Hollywood Reporter:

South Korean Zombie Hit 'Train to Busan' Becomes Highest-Grossing Asian Film in Hong Kong

The film has surpassed 'Cold War 2' as the highest grossing Asian film of all time in the territory.
The South Korean zombie blockbuster Train to Busan is the highest grossing Asian film of all time in Hong Kong.

The film has overtaken the holder of the most successful Chinese-language film crown, Cold War 2, to become the top grossing Asian film in the territory with $8.52 million.

It has broken record after record in Hong Kong since its debut on August 25, smashing the record of highest grossing South Korean film in Hong Kong held by My Sassy Girl since 2002 in its first four days, and surpassed the top zombie genre film record held by the Brad Pitt-starringWorld War Z on its thirteenth day of release. Train to Busan was also the daily top grossing film in the territory since its bow.

Produced by Seoul-based Next Entertainment World (NEW), Hollywood studios including 20thCentury Fox and Sony Pictures, and France's Gaumont, Canal Plus and EuropaCorp are negotiating the remake rights with the company's international rights division Contents Panda.

A smash hit in its native South Korea, Train to Busan broke the all-time record for South Korean films in its first five days of release with $38.8 million in the country.

From The Hollywood Reporter:

South Korean Zombie Hit 'Train to Busan' Becomes Highest-Grossing Asian Film in Hong Kong

The film has surpassed 'Cold War 2' as the highest grossing Asian film of all time in the territory.
The South Korean zombie blockbuster Train to Busan is the highest grossing Asian film of all time in Hong Kong.

The film has overtaken the holder of the most successful Chinese-language film crown, Cold War 2, to become the top grossing Asian film in the territory with $8.52 million.

It has broken record after record in Hong Kong since its debut on August 25, smashing the record of highest grossing South Korean film in Hong Kong held by My Sassy Girl since 2002 in its first four days, and surpassed the top zombie genre film record held by the Brad Pitt-starringWorld War Z on its thirteenth day of release. Train to Busan was also the daily top grossing film in the territory since its bow.

Produced by Seoul-based Next Entertainment World (NEW), Hollywood studios including 20thCentury Fox and Sony Pictures, and France's Gaumont, Canal Plus and EuropaCorp are negotiating the remake rights with the company's international rights division Contents Panda.

A smash hit in its native South Korea, Train to Busan broke the all-time record for South Korean films in its first five days of release with $38.8 million in the country.
WOW! :woot: That's awesome! :notworthy: :cool: Can't wait to watch this (probably on bluray)! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and tridon
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database