Training Day (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 27, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on January 8, at 12PM UK time)
Price: £34.99
Notes: Premium edition extras: Exclusive Steelbook, Exclusive rigid slipcase, A3 Theatrical Poster, 4x Character Art Cards.
Special Steelbook Finishes: Overall matt, Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse).

CEF3B0A6-3396-4B15-A8FF-6C56BC9EF826.jpeg

A1F13C8D-63AE-45E1-80BB-E42C4EF7C84E.jpeg

AB9E667F-A5D5-426D-830F-450556648BCF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lossy audio, MPEG-2 codec on a BD-25. That disc is ancient. This should be a gigantic upgrade.
Yeah, it's one of those that HD DVD is still better, with VC-1 codec.
UK and European BDs though use that as well, I think, it's only the US Blu-ray.

His best films are The Replacement Killers, and The Equalizer.
(Replacement Killers) Thanks for the reminder - don't have a clear recollection at all of that one - or that it was his first film // In retrospect, Antoine Fuqua said: "'The Replacement Killers' was a good and bad experience. It was great because Chow Yun-Fat is the coolest guy in the world. He was just beautiful. Mira Sorvino was cool. It was fun working with Mira. But the difficult thing was learning the studio system, learning all the things that go along with that system. There are a lot of people that have a lot of say, especially when you're that young in the studio world. You learn that it is a business. I think for me, what I learned was I still love making movies, and I know what I don't want to do. The thing that I learned the most out of that movie was what I don't want to do."

Reactions: Mararagan
Replacement Killers is great, first Chow Yun-Fat English language movie, and was advertised as such to Americans - "In theaters around the world, where action is almost a religion, they worship a hero..." - as in 'there's life beyond 'ahmereeka', and those aboriginals worship a dude or something, that's not Jesus, and he's coming to town ya'll.'
Anyway, the trailer is cool, and so is the opening scene, when they were using actually good music, filmed at LA's Mayan club:

anyone remember how the godzilla metalpak roared when you pressed the button?

you know what would be amazing?

an image of the car on this edition and then you press the button and it plays

Pharoah Monke - F*** you

Just saying. lol

tv show monk GIF

anyone remember how the godzilla metalpak roared when you pressed the button?

you know what would be amazing?

an image of the car on this edition and then you press the button and it plays

Pharoah Monke - F*** you

Just saying. lol

tv show monk GIF
Love that song. Man Monch was so good. One my all time favourite songs is Mos def, Pharoahe and Nate Dogg - Oh No

His verse on that is incredible

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. Other than this one obviously.
You lost me. It makes no sense

Just because it’s a steelbook?

But then you did buy into the Nope design. That’s one of my favourite films this year and even I couldn’t buy that steel!

Getting great shape old steel is just too pricey.
I believe they won't fuc* it up. Glossy and embossment are the only good things about old steelbook. Hope new one will be more colorful than just black...

You lost me. It makes no sense

Just because it’s a steelbook?

But then you did buy into the Nope design. That’s one of my favourite films this year and even I couldn’t buy that steel!
I only paid 27 for it. Barely more than a regular amaray. Plus I kinda like the steelbook lol.