Transmetropolitan [DC/Vertigo]

Anybody else read this ? Think it was so clever, witty, outlandish and laugh out loud. I remember people staring at me sometimes i was laughing that much. Some great moments with some amazing artwork.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been intrigued by this book, but never enough to actually check it out. Warren Ellis has always been a hit-or-miss writer for me, so that's probably why I've never looked at it (sometimes his stuff is just too wacky for me). With that said, Darick Robertson is an incredible artist, so for that alone, it may be worth the eventual look.

I've always been intrigued by this book, but never enough to actually check it out. Warren Ellis has always been a hit-or-miss writer for me, so that's probably why I've never looked at it (sometimes his stuff is just too wacky for me). With that said, Darick Robertson is an incredible artist, so for that alone, it may be worth the eventual look.

I think the thing about Ellis is that there's such a massive difference in quality between his personal stuff (i.e. Transmet and all those Wildstorm series like Planetary and Global Frequency) and the things he writes as work for hire (i.e. like 90% of what he writes for Marvel). When he gets to write about issues and themes he's passionate about like how horrible society is and technology it's usually top class.

Transmetropolitan is definitely in the stuff he writes that's good category. I think it's one of the best depictions/commentaries on journalism ever and definitely Ellis at his crazy cynical best.