Trick 'r Treat 2 is on the Way!

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
I love the 1st one, so this is awesome news! :scat: Bring it on baby! :LOL:

trt2.jpg

Although the project is said to be in the very, very early stages, Trick 'r Treat writer-director Michael Dougherty revealed tonight to EW that a sequel to his Halloween anthology cult hit is on the way.

"It's funny because when I first dreamt up the idea of making the first film, I thought, How neat would it be if we made them a series? he tells the magazine. "I'm a firm believer that October should be filled with Halloween movies, or horror movies."

No script is, as of yet, in place, but Legendary Picture is developing the project with the hopes of going theatrical. Although that was the intended plan for the original in 2007, it wound up being delayed and ultimately went direct-to-DVD in 2009.

"I think we'll shake it up a little bit," Dougherty continues about his tentative plans for the sequel. "There are different archetypes I'd like to explore, different types of monsters. We covered werewolves, vampires, and zombies, but there's a whole slew of different creatures out there that we haven't tackled, and I think Sam would probably be pretty good buddies with. So I think it's time to let them have their time in the sun."

An October release means that Trick 'r Treat 2 would likely hit in 2015 at the earliest, but it could be a bit longer before cameras are ready to roll. Check back for updates on the project as soon as they become available.

:movie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow wow wow! I absolutly loved the first one. But although I would love to see another, can it possibly be as good as the first one! Im just hoping they release Trick 'R Treat as a steelie :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I just woke up to find this on my Legendary feed on Facebook. I'm soooo pumped to see the return of Sam!

If you want to see the Q&A video where it was announced, click HERE (it's only available through Legendary's link; it's locked if you try to watch it on your own on YouTube).