Tridon's "Peter Jackson's KING KONG" Collection

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
As many of you know, I'm kind of a fan of Peter Jackson's interpretation of King Kong. I uploaded my collection photos to the user database a week or so ago, but I thought I'd re-post them in their own thread so more people can check them out. I have more items on order right now, so I'll update my collection photos as they arrive. :D

*Click spoilers to see photos.

--------------------

Clockwise from top to bottom: 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set (Hong Kong), Limited Collector's Edition PS2 Game Adaptation (U.K.), Limited Tin Edition DVD (Brazil), 3-Disc Deluxe Extended Edition DVD (Canada), 2-Disc Special Edition (Canada), and Walmart Exclusive with Regular Edition and Mini "The Making of King Kong" Book (U.S.).

picture.php

Clockwise from top to bottom: 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD with Film Cell (Italy), 2-Disc Limited Edition Steelbook DVD (Sweden), 2-Disc HMV Exclusive Special Edition DVD (U.K.), 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD (France), 2-Disc Premium Edition with Book (China), Comic Slipcover Edition DVD (Spain), and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD (U.K.).

picture.php

Clockwise from top to bottom: First Release Blu-ray with Slipcover (Canada), Universal 100th Anniversary Combo Pack (U.S.), Universal 100th Anniversary Augmented Reality Edition (U.K.), Press Kit CD, and Universal 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Digibook Blu-ray (Holland).

picture.php

Press Kit CD-Rom for Peter Jackson's King Kong (includes dozens of production photos and information).

picture.php

The Making of King Kong: The Official Guide to the Motion Picture.

picture.php

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries DVD Set (U.S.).

picture.php

Certificate of Authenticity from King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries.

picture.php

A better look at the 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD with Film Cell from Italy.

picture.php

The Film Cell from Italy's 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD is numbered. The number on my copy: 1 / 11,686.

picture.php

The pocketwatch that's contained within the 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set from Hong Kong.

picture.php

The pocketwatch (opened) from Hong Kong's 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set.

picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - DEC. 01/12

NEW ADDITIONS! :LOL:

From left to right: G1 Blu-ray/DVD SteelBook (Germany), Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray (Germany) and Oscar Edition DVD (Germany).

picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - DEC. 07/12

Today's additions come courtesy of bigrob (thanks for your help, bud)! :D

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (Japan)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Numbered Velvet Limited Edition (Scandinavia)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

3-Disc Deluxe Edition Digipack (France)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Edition Digipack (China)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - APR. 16/13

New additions! :D

Sketch Journal (U.S. Best Buy exclusive) and Blu-ray/DVD Box Set with Postcards and Poster (Spain).
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - MAY 28/13

Had these for a while, but finally took some photos! :D

Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong
picture.php

King Kong Deluxe Extended Edition Gift Set (U.S.)
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - JUNE 04/13

Kong Fighting V-Rex Numbered WETA Statue
picture.php

Official Souvenir Magazine
picture.php

New Zealand Stamp Collection
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - JUNE 24/13

---------------

UPDATE - JULY 20/13

Last edited:
Wow, amazing collection bud. Just awesome. I have been thinking about getting that 100th ani. digibook you have pictured there since no proper steel in G2 has been released. Im a pretty big fan of this re-make myself. My favourite is that pocket watch from your stuff. :scat:

Reactions: tridon
Wow, amazing collection bud. Just awesome. I have been thinking about getting that 100th ani. digibook you have pictured there since no proper steel in G2 has been released. Im a pretty big fan of this re-make myself. My favourite is that pocket watch from your stuff. :scat:

Thanks, man! I take a lot of pride in my collection, though I wish some of it was in better condition. Oh well, I'll take what I can get. Can't wait for the rest of my new additions to arrive. And yeah, the pocket watch is awesome! That entire gift set is just incredible. Includes mini-lithographs and a gorgeous digipack, too. I highly recommend the 100th Uni digibook... it's truly a beauty! :scat:

impressive :) , are you missing the scandinavian "furry" ( or what to call it)? :O

Do you also have the statues from Weta? :O

Three new additions arrived from Amazon Germany today, though I must say that I'm quite disappointed that one doesn't have a slipcover when I thought it was going to. I'll post a pic later! :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: kryptonite
Awesome King Kong collection Tridon! :)

Do you also collect King Kong 1933? I think that DVD Tin of it is very nice.

I'm really glad that my King Kong Gift Set found it's place in a deserving collection :D

Awesome King Kong collection Tridon! :)

Do you also collect King Kong 1933? I think that DVD Tin of it is very nice.

I'm really glad that my King Kong Gift Set found it's place in a deserving collection :D

I have a couple 1933 editions, but Peter Jackson's version of the film is my favourite. :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
NEW ADDITIONS! :LOL:

From left to right: G1 Blu-ray/DVD SteelBook (Germany), Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray (Germany) and Oscar Edition DVD (Germany).

picture.php

• Helpful Post
Do you have this one? The limited Best Buy King Kong: Peter Jackson Production Sketch Journal?

Its a limited offer pre-ordering King Kong

Attachments

• King_Kong_Sketch_Journal.jpg
    King_Kong_Sketch_Journal.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
New arrivals coming in today, so new pics coming this weekend! :scat:

Amazing collection. you deserve a king kong icon under your avatar.

someone give out this award...well deserved :scat:

Thanks so much! I'd gladly accept a King Kong icon if someone wants to give me one. :naughty:

Do you have this one? The limited Best Buy King Kong: Peter Jackson Production Sketch Journal?

Its a limited offer pre-ordering King Kong

I do not have that, but I'd definitely be interested. :D

Awesome collection there mate I only have the small statue where hes fighting a T-rex :scat::scat:

That statue's awesome and I don't have it, so we're tied as for as awesome Kong collections go. ;)

Great collection tridon!:scat:

Thanks, bud! :)

• Helpful Post
Today's additions come courtesy of bigrob (thanks for your help, bud)! :D

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (Japan)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Numbered Velvet Limited Edition (Scandinavia)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

3-Disc Deluxe Edition Digipack (France)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Edition Digipack (China)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php