Tridon's "Peter Jackson's KING KONG" Collection

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
As many of you know, I'm kind of a fan of Peter Jackson's interpretation of King Kong. I uploaded my collection photos to the user database a week or so ago, but I thought I'd re-post them in their own thread so more people can check them out. I have more items on order right now, so I'll update my collection photos as they arrive. :D

*Click spoilers to see photos.

--------------------

Clockwise from top to bottom: 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set (Hong Kong), Limited Collector's Edition PS2 Game Adaptation (U.K.), Limited Tin Edition DVD (Brazil), 3-Disc Deluxe Extended Edition DVD (Canada), 2-Disc Special Edition (Canada), and Walmart Exclusive with Regular Edition and Mini "The Making of King Kong" Book (U.S.).

picture.php

Clockwise from top to bottom: 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD with Film Cell (Italy), 2-Disc Limited Edition Steelbook DVD (Sweden), 2-Disc HMV Exclusive Special Edition DVD (U.K.), 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD (France), 2-Disc Premium Edition with Book (China), Comic Slipcover Edition DVD (Spain), and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD (U.K.).

picture.php

Clockwise from top to bottom: First Release Blu-ray with Slipcover (Canada), Universal 100th Anniversary Combo Pack (U.S.), Universal 100th Anniversary Augmented Reality Edition (U.K.), Press Kit CD, and Universal 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Digibook Blu-ray (Holland).

picture.php

Press Kit CD-Rom for Peter Jackson's King Kong (includes dozens of production photos and information).

picture.php

The Making of King Kong: The Official Guide to the Motion Picture.

picture.php

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries DVD Set (U.S.).

picture.php

Certificate of Authenticity from King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries.

picture.php

A better look at the 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD with Film Cell from Italy.

picture.php

The Film Cell from Italy's 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD is numbered. The number on my copy: 1 / 11,686.

picture.php

The pocketwatch that's contained within the 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set from Hong Kong.

picture.php

The pocketwatch (opened) from Hong Kong's 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set.

picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - DEC. 01/12

NEW ADDITIONS! :LOL:

From left to right: G1 Blu-ray/DVD SteelBook (Germany), Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray (Germany) and Oscar Edition DVD (Germany).

picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - DEC. 07/12

Today's additions come courtesy of bigrob (thanks for your help, bud)! :D

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (Japan)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Numbered Velvet Limited Edition (Scandinavia)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

3-Disc Deluxe Edition Digipack (France)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Edition Digipack (China)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - APR. 16/13

New additions! :D

Sketch Journal (U.S. Best Buy exclusive) and Blu-ray/DVD Box Set with Postcards and Poster (Spain).
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - MAY 28/13

Had these for a while, but finally took some photos! :D

Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong
picture.php

King Kong Deluxe Extended Edition Gift Set (U.S.)
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - JUNE 04/13

Kong Fighting V-Rex Numbered WETA Statue
picture.php

Official Souvenir Magazine
picture.php

New Zealand Stamp Collection
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - JUNE 24/13

---------------

UPDATE - JULY 20/13

Last edited:
New addition incoming! The S.H. MonsterArts Peter Jackson's King Kong figure! :scat:

BAN14903 (2).jpg

BAN14903.jpg

BAN14903 (1).jpg

King Kong as seen in Peter Jackson’s film joins the S.H.MonsterArts series in stunning form and meticulous detail with accurately depicted characteristic scaring. A full array of interchangeable parts (including three face parts) are included for portrayal of a variety of scenes without compromising overall form. Superior articulation allows for portrayal of various action poses. Special interchangeable hand parts allow for portrayal of King Kong with characteristic aggressive pose with hands planted on ground. Accessories such as wood branch/trunk also included.

I just ordered mine from Big Bad Toy Store for $59.99. It'll be released in May. I can't wait!!! :oohyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Collection Tridon!!! You are the reason why I joined this forum! I'm also a huge King Kong Collector. I have just about every edition that you own, DAMN I wish I could get my hands on that 2-Disc Numbered Velvet Limited Edition (Scandinavia)... (HELP PLEASE! :p) I will soon post pictures of my collection!

Last edited:
Awesome Collection Tridon!!! You are the reason why I joined this forum! I'm also a huge King Kong Collector. I have just about every edition that you own, DAMN I wish I could get my hands on that 2-Disc Numbered Velvet Limited Edition (Scandinavia)... (HELP PLEASE! :p) I will soon post pictures of my collection!

That's an awesome compliment, bloodsnake! Welcome to the HDN clan! :scat: