Tridon's "Peter Jackson's KING KONG" Collection

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
As many of you know, I'm kind of a fan of Peter Jackson's interpretation of King Kong. I uploaded my collection photos to the user database a week or so ago, but I thought I'd re-post them in their own thread so more people can check them out. I have more items on order right now, so I'll update my collection photos as they arrive. :D

*Click spoilers to see photos.

--------------------

Clockwise from top to bottom: 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set (Hong Kong), Limited Collector's Edition PS2 Game Adaptation (U.K.), Limited Tin Edition DVD (Brazil), 3-Disc Deluxe Extended Edition DVD (Canada), 2-Disc Special Edition (Canada), and Walmart Exclusive with Regular Edition and Mini "The Making of King Kong" Book (U.S.).

picture.php

Clockwise from top to bottom: 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD with Film Cell (Italy), 2-Disc Limited Edition Steelbook DVD (Sweden), 2-Disc HMV Exclusive Special Edition DVD (U.K.), 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD (France), 2-Disc Premium Edition with Book (China), Comic Slipcover Edition DVD (Spain), and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD (U.K.).

picture.php

Clockwise from top to bottom: First Release Blu-ray with Slipcover (Canada), Universal 100th Anniversary Combo Pack (U.S.), Universal 100th Anniversary Augmented Reality Edition (U.K.), Press Kit CD, and Universal 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Digibook Blu-ray (Holland).

picture.php

Press Kit CD-Rom for Peter Jackson's King Kong (includes dozens of production photos and information).

picture.php

The Making of King Kong: The Official Guide to the Motion Picture.

picture.php

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries DVD Set (U.S.).

picture.php

Certificate of Authenticity from King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries.

picture.php

A better look at the 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD with Film Cell from Italy.

picture.php

The Film Cell from Italy's 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD is numbered. The number on my copy: 1 / 11,686.

picture.php

The pocketwatch that's contained within the 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set from Hong Kong.

picture.php

The pocketwatch (opened) from Hong Kong's 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set.

picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - DEC. 01/12

NEW ADDITIONS! :LOL:

From left to right: G1 Blu-ray/DVD SteelBook (Germany), Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray (Germany) and Oscar Edition DVD (Germany).

picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - DEC. 07/12

Today's additions come courtesy of bigrob (thanks for your help, bud)! :D

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (Japan)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Numbered Velvet Limited Edition (Scandinavia)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

3-Disc Deluxe Edition Digipack (France)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Edition Digipack (China)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - APR. 16/13

New additions! :D

Sketch Journal (U.S. Best Buy exclusive) and Blu-ray/DVD Box Set with Postcards and Poster (Spain).
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - MAY 28/13

Had these for a while, but finally took some photos! :D

Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong
picture.php

King Kong Deluxe Extended Edition Gift Set (U.S.)
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - JUNE 04/13

Kong Fighting V-Rex Numbered WETA Statue
picture.php

Official Souvenir Magazine
picture.php

New Zealand Stamp Collection
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - JUNE 24/13

---------------

UPDATE - JULY 20/13

Last edited:
New additions!

A few more goodies to add to the collection...

First up, something that I consider to be a holy grail to my Kong collection; an original Universal Studios screenplay of the 2005 version of King Kong, hand-signed by Peter Jackson, Naomi Watts, Adrien Brody and Jack Black! Included is an official Certificate of Authenticity from Screen Legends. I'm so thrilled to have this in my collection, though it would've truly been complete with an Andy Serkis signature. Still, it's a beauty to behold! :D

picture.php

Next, I received both a sealed copy of the Italian 2-Disc Collector's Edition for King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (complete with slipcover) as well as the brand-new S.H. MonsterArts Kong: 8th Wonder of the World figure from Bandai. The figure ended up being a LOT smaller than I had expected, but it's still a very cool collectible.

picture.php

Finally, thanks to my Kong-pal bloodsnake007, I was able to acquire a COMPLETE copy of the King King Press Kit (beforehand, I only owned the CD that's included within the kit). Apologies for the poor lighting.

picture.php

I'm moving now, so there'll probably be no updates for the foreseeable future.

Wonderful collection sir, well done. :notworthy: I have 5 or 6 copies of this film and thought that was impressive but you've taken it to a whole new level.

Great to see and good luck with the move :thumbs:

Reactions: tridon
Wonderful collection sir, well done. :notworthy: I have 5 or 6 copies of this film and thought that was impressive but you've taken it to a whole new level.

Great to see and good luck with the move :thumbs:

Thanks so much, man! I collect at a slow pace, so my Kong collection will become even larger over time. If you want to see a really impressive Kong collection, though, I highly recommend you checking out bloodsnake007's! :thumbs:

This is completely insane!

What a collection. And you even have an edition with the number '1' on it. Damn... I'm speechless, this is one of the biggest and most complete collections I've ever seen.

I was impressed with the Troll Hunter goodies, but this is sensational - some top level collecting - must be great seeing the collection grow as you track all those releases down :)

Thanks so much, man! I collect at a slow pace, so my Kong collection will become even larger over time. If you want to see a really impressive Kong collection, though, I highly recommend you checking out bloodsnake007's! :thumbs:

Amazing new additions Tridon! I'm glad you got the press kit! :scat: Your script blows mine out of the water! :thumbs: And thanks for the awesome compliment :D Keep on collecting! :LOL:

Amazing new additions Tridon! I'm glad you got the press kit! :scat: Your script blows mine out of the water! :thumbs: And thanks for the awesome compliment :D Keep on collecting! :LOL:

Thanks, bud! :thumbs:

This isn't an addition to my collection, but I thought that this would be the best place to share... My current avatar was created by brother, James. He creates these awkwardly unique 'photo edits' for Instagram and he's quickly becoming a large draw on their site/app. Here's a larger look at the King Kong edit he created for me:

image.jpg

To see more of my brother's photo edits, look him up on Instagram. His user name is thegentlemanbronco. :)

Last edited by a moderator: