Tron: Ares - In theaters TBA

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Tron 3

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Garth Davis

Cast: Jared Leto

Plot: The third installment of Disney's 'Tron' franchise, set to be a soft-reboot starring Jared Leto as the main protagonist.

Attachments

• Tron%2BLegacy%2BSequel.jpg
    Tron%2BLegacy%2BSequel.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 344
I'm not sure it'll make much difference, but someone's started a petition on Change.org (which currently has almost 13,000 supporters) to "revive Tron 3". It can't hurt to try I suppose. :)

Reactions: kaw
Crazy @Noodles I signed that exact petition just a bit ago! was going to post it on here too! haha
Lets hope it helps! 13,500 so far. Not bad!
Haha we seem to be doing that quite a bit on here lately... first we posted a trailer at the same time, then we both added the TMDB info to a thread at the same time (although I didn't say anything about that until now lol), and now this. Freaky stuff! :p

But, yeah... it'd be nice to see the petition make a difference. Fingers crossed! :)

A shame it's cancelled, but never say never...Disney might pick it up again...I suppose it make sense from a business point of view, after the recent bombs in the box office.

Garrett Hedlund hasn't been told Tron 3 is 'totally dead'.

garrett-hedlund.jpg

EW reports:

Maybe the line will continue after all. Tron Legacy star Garrett Hedlund said plans for Tron 3 are not “totally dead,” this despite Disney saying it was not moving forward with the sequel earlier this year.

“Ever since we did Legacy, we knew that to have another story follow it up, it had to be concrete and exciting,” Hedlund said to ComicBook.com. “Disney needed to have the right story to go forward. I think it was going to introduce some things that were as exciting as Legacy was and then some, though.”

In May, Disney put the brakes on Tron 3, just one month after pushing the film into development with Hedlund and Olivia Wilde set to reprise their Legacy roles. Joseph Kosinski, who directed Tron Legacy, was also attached to return for the new film.

But even if it does eventually get back on Disney’s schedule, don’t expect Tron 3 to arrive any time soon. Tron Legacy was released in theaters 28 years after Tron, and Hedlund joked that a similar gap could happen again.

“I’ll have my young Flynn CGI face, who knows?” he said in reference to how the film handled original star Jeff Bridges aging between the films. “But they could do it anytime from now, and I would of course jump back in. Something like that could be quite fun, though!”