Upcoming Twisted Metal (Live-Action Video Game Adaptation) (Season 1) [Peacock]

Oooh yeaaaah!
This should be awesome, plus Neve Campbell!
I expect something like Death Race movies and Curfew series.

I never liked racing games, but I played those with murderous elements, like Road Rush, Crash'N'Burn, and Quarantine on Panasonic 3DO, so I'm excited for this.
They better run over some angry grannies, and feature Rob Zombie songs though!

death race is more twisted metal!
Plus there were a couple similar TV series, Curfew, and an entirely crazy Blood Drive, where cars run on human blood, so you literally fill their tank by feeding it bodies.

This doesn't really look like Twisted Metal, but at least I understand the vibe of the show now. They are reallllly leaning into the comedy.

Also... Why cast Samoa Joe and then voice over him with Will Arnett? Nothing against Arnett but Joe already has so much charisma and would have been great for the voice as well.

from all the emails I am receieving on it iis very clearly being labelled as a comedy so I think if you are used to the darker nature of the games then this may not gel with it

TWISTED METAL, a half-hour live-action TV series based on the classic PlayStation game series, is a high-octane action comedy, based on an original take by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick and written by Michael Jonathan Smith, about a motor-mouthed outsider offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland. With the help of a badass axe-wielding car thief, he’ll face savage marauders driving vehicles of destruction and other dangers of the open road, including a deranged clown who drives an all too familiar ice cream truck.

Wow, now it looks great, I don't know what they were doing with the crappy teasers, that almost dissuaded me entirely.
Neve Campbell is so freaking beautiful, I wanna eat her up!

This is more like Quarantine, with the walled cities of various quality, a game for Panasonic 3DO and PC from almost 30 years ago, before Twisted Metal, so I'm happy again.

Ugh ok, I tried. Anthony Mackie just cannot do humour... the delivery of his "jokes" almost made me cringe into a coma.