Twisted Nerve OST by Bernard Herrmann (Yellow Blood Spattered & Transparent Blood Splattered Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: May 6th, 2016
Purchase & Price:
Stylotone - Yellow Edition - 39,99 GBP
Stylotone - Black Edition - 39,99 GBP
Transmission Records - Yellow Edition - 36,99 GBP
Transmission Records - Black Edition - 36,99 GBP
Mondo - Yellow & Black Edition - 55 USD

Additional release:
Twisted Nerve - 7” - 4 Track EP - limited to 500 copies
Stylotone - 7" - 9,99 GBP
Transmission Records - 7" - 9,99 GBP

Mondo - 7" - 14 USD

Note: Check the Purchase Links or the spoiler below for more Artwork and information.
This fantastic release from Stylotone includes a 180 gr colored Vinyl, Bonus CD, Bonus 7", a Film poster, Download of additional music, liner notes by Quentin Tarantino and a certificate of authenticity personally signed by Mrs. Norma Herrmann, the composer’s widow!!

Twisted_Nerve_standard_7c21bca9-c131-4245-9198-5cc578582aab_2048x2048.jpg
f8d261e2-9d40-4c16-87a7-1a3cd1853f9d_2048x2048.jpg
STEP_8695_-_Twisted_Nerve_EP_-_image_2_2048x2048.jpg

Yellow “Blood-spattered” Coloured Vinyl edition

● A heavyweight 180g 12” vinyl LP, cut at 45RPM

● An expanded ‘Vinyl’ replica CD, housed in a scale-copy of the gatefold sleeve – containing the LP programme plus unused alternate and rehearsal takes and the original ‘Whistle’ sessions.

● An exclusive free 45rpm three-track radio promo 7” single featuring pop and jazz versions of the
film’s main theme – arranged and conducted, at the composer’s request, in 1968 by composer
Howard Blake OBE (‘The Duellists’).

● A download card offering exclusive access to high-resolution 24-bit WAV and 320kbps CBR MP3
digital downloads of the entire deluxe soundtrack package and more. Alongside both the vinyl and
CD album presentations, purchasers can download the complete unedited recording sessions,
experiencing at first-hand what it was like to be in the same studio as Bernard Herrmann!

● A 30” x 40” (762mm x 1016mm) British Quad Film Poster, newly commissioned to complement the
soundtrack album artwork. The poster has been specially printed using original 1960s production
processes – matching not only the poster weight of the time but also the correct machine folds (since
film posters would be machine folded and inserted into large brown envelopes before arriving in the
post at cinemas – this was before digital media, kids!).

● A certificate of authenticity personally signed by Mrs Norma Herrmann, the composer’s widow.

To round off the Super-Deluxe packages director Quentin Tarantino and Bernard Herrmann’s biographer,
Steven C. Smith, both offer a unique and compelling insight into this legendary soundtrack with their own
sleeve notes.

61ce90b9-8b9d-4e73-a4fc-7dd6f43420d9_2048x2048.jpg
cd_d83a650c-2641-4156-932f-4fc76526c7c8_2048x2048.jpg
card_9ecd4f36-c554-41f1-90cf-c56c8b5b8e44_2048x2048.jpg
poster_0b6a4017-6393-442f-9bf4-aeb7db52f47d_2048x2048.jpg

Black edition Transparent “Blood-spattered” Coloured Vinyl

Same content like the Yellow Edition

e9d07c35-1c91-4997-9463-425976b6056d_2048x2048.jpg
cd_2048x2048.jpg

7" 4-Track EP:

‘Twisted Nerve - From the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
A 4-Track 45rpm Vinyl Only 7” EP
Music Composed and Conducted by Bernard Herrmann

Stylotone in association with The Bernard Herrmann Estate, with a little help from director Quentin Tarantino, is proud to announce the World Premiere Release of ‘Twisted Nerve - From the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack’.

The 4-Track 7” 45rpm Vinyl Only EP features music from the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack to the 1968 Boulting Brothers’ Production. The EP has been assembled, mastered and cut by Sean Magee at the world famous Abbey Road Studios in London.

Side One
1. Main Titles 2. The Murder / Henry’s Dead

Side Two
1. The Assault 2. Twisted Nerve (Jazz Version)*

*Jazz Version of “Georgie” (‘Twisted Nerve’ Theme) Arranged and Conducted by Howard Blake

STEP_8695_-_Twisted_Nerve_EP_-_image_3_2048x2048.jpg

Scratch that, thought it was a film name and just realised its the name of the track with the whistle from kill bill

Reactions: dan8885
Scratch that, thought it was a film name and just realised its the name of the track with the whistle from kill bill

It's both. The movie is called "Twisted Nerve" from 1968 with score by Bernard Herrman. The theme track from that score is the "whistle" track what's used in Kill Bill.

Reactions: Flloydo
Both look really nice! Never seen or heard of Twisted Nerve (worth checking out?), but have obviously seen Kill Bill and actually whistle that tune to myself quite a lot lol. What is QT's involvement with the film by the way? Or is it just a case of him being a big fan?

Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
It's both. The movie is called "Twisted Nerve" from 1968 with score by Bernard Herrman. The theme track from that score is the "whistle" track what's used in Kill Bill.

Oh so it is a movie too,
Yeah I knew it was in kill bill, got the soundtrack somehere plus i know that film inside out lol

Both look really nice! Never seen or heard of Twisted Nerve (worth checking out?), but have obviously seen Kill Bill and actually whistle that tune to myself quite a lot lol. What is QT's involvement with the film by the way? Or is it just a case of him being a big fan?

Ha I sometimes whistle it too lol

I'm guessing because he brought it back to the public in quite a cult and popular film and possibly a classic itself now. One of his best best for me but then it's hard to put Tarantino films in order of favourite lol

Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles
Ha I sometimes whistle it too lol

I'm guessing because he brought it back to the public in quite a cult and popular film and possibly a classic itself now. One of his best best for me but then it's hard to put Tarantino films in order of favourite lol
Yeah, possibly... he's good at doing that lol. Shows you the true power of his name!

Couldn't agree more mate... I don't dislike a single one of his films (like many others on here, he's also my favourite director), so find it very difficult to put them in any sort of order. I've come across quite a few people who don't like Kill Bill though, especially the second one... personally they're two (or one, depending on how you look at it) of my favourites films.

Will definitely try and check out Twisted Nerve anyway... if Tarantino recommends it, then it's bound to be good. :D

Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
Yeah, possibly... he's good at doing that lol. Shows you the true power of his name!

Couldn't agree more mate... I don't dislike a single one of his films (like many others on here, he's also my favourite director), so find it very difficult to put them in any sort of order. I've come across quite a few people who don't like Kill Bill though, especially the second one... personally they're two (or one, depending on how you look at it) of my favourites films.

Will definitely try and check out Twisted Nerve anyway... if Tarantino recommends it, then it's bound to be good. :D

I also know quite a few who don't like vol 2 and wish it was just one long film with half hour or so cut out of vol 2

Well he counts it as one but yeah 2 of my favourites too

Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles

It's a British horror thriller I watched years ago. I remember the score was very Hitchcock but not surprisingly when it's done by Herrmann. In my memory it was worth to watch.

I like the details on this. The autograph is amazing. But it's quite expensive. I would go for the yellow release :drool:

It's a British horror thriller I watched years ago. I remember the score was very Hitchcock but not surprisingly when it's done by Herrmann. In my memory it was worth to watch.

I like the details on this. The autograph is amazing. But it's quite expensive. I would go for the yellow release :drool:
Watched a few clips on Youtube earlier and it looks decent enough, so will try to track down a copy of the film at some point. Not knowing the film obviously means I don't know the soundtrack, so I won't be picking this up. Very cool edition overall though, and I think I'd also go for the yellow version if I were to buy it. :)

Reactions: dan8885