Two Orphan Vampires (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Indicator) (Powerhouse Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 24, 2023
Purchase links: Powerhouse Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £19.99 (Powerhouse Films) - £16.99 (Amazon - Zavvi)

71ok3fL36ML._AC_SL1250_.jpg

Last edited:
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES

• New 4K restoration from the original negative by Powerhouse Films
  • Original French and English mono soundtracks
  • Audio commentary with critics and authors David Flint and Adrian J Smith (2023)
  • Memories of a Blue World (2023): updated documentary on the making of Two Orphan Vampires by Rollin’s personal assistant, Daniel Gouyette, featuring interviews with actor Isabelle Teboul, assistant director Jean-Noël Delamarre, composer Philippe D’Aram, and others
  • Jean Rollin on ‘Two Orphan Vampires’ (2002): extensive, newly edited archival interview with the filmmaker exploring the themes of Two Orphan Vampires and his wider oeuvre
  • Interview with Alexandra Pic (2002): newly edited archival interview with the actor
  • Interview with Isabelle Teboul (2002): newly edited archival interview with the actor
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
  • New and improved English translation subtitles for the French soundtrack
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Patricia MacCormack, archival introduction by Jean Rollin, archival production report by Rollin expert Peter Blumenstock, archival interview with Brigitte Lahaie, an extract from Jean Rollin’s source novel, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and full film credits
  • Limited edition of 8,000 numbered units (4,000 4K UHDs and 4,000 Blu-rays) for the UK and US

Powerhouse is one of those places that makes me wish I had more money than I do. Have a few offerings from them and love my editions. Plus, their customer service (which I required during my Zavvi debacle) was thankfully top notch and I found them quite helpful.

Never heard of this before, but that cover is killer diller, man.

Really feeling the love for this company.

Reactions: sinusR2