U-571 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plaion Shop Exclusive) [Germany]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: September 21, 2023
Purchase link: Plaion Pictures
Price: €34.99

U-571_SB_3D_oCC_1920x1920[1].jpg
U-571_SB_3D_Back_1920x1920[1].jpg

Is there a way for US based customers to order this? Or will we have to wait for ebay listings?
Buy the french one, should be the same.
Plaion suck in regards to shipping, last I checked, couldn't even get it mailed within Germany due to their 18 law titles having to be delivered to the person that ordered it

Audio review for this one was one of the best. With upgraded PQ this should be real treat.
Will preorder it definitively.

Buy the french one, should be the same.
Plaion suck in regards to shipping, last I checked, couldn't even get it mailed within Germany due to their 18 law titles having to be delivered to the person that ordered it
Would love this, I've been out of the game for awhile, French one?

Received it today, could be yesterday but i was at work. Tittle is debossed. Good looking steelbook overall.

Reactions: Axel
This movie is so fake.

"A History Channel review of this movie, which aired soon after its release, included a German World War II U-Boat commander. At the end of the show, he was asked for his opinion of the authenticity of the movie. His response was; "They got one thing right in the movie. There were U-Boats in the North Atlantic during the Second World War."" :rofl:

This movie is so fake.

"A History Channel review of this movie, which aired soon after its release, included a German World War II U-Boat commander. At the end of the show, he was asked for his opinion of the authenticity of the movie. His response was; "They got one thing right in the movie. There were U-Boats in the North Atlantic during the Second World War."" :rofl:
I remember a similar one for Pearl Harbour except it was two things, There is a Pearl Harbour and it was attacked by the Japanese.

If I only watched movies for authenticity I wouldn’t get very far. As an action movie it’s not so bad.

This movie is so fake.

I can't believe Hollywood would make a movie that's historically inaccurate. How could they have neglected to ask that one guy from a History Channel show?

I can't believe Hollywood would make a movie that's historically inaccurate. How could they have neglected to ask that one guy from a History Channel show?

IMO they wouldn't have to ask anyone. But if they are making movie about true events why not stick to the truth ? Plain and simple. What if Nolan treated facts like that in Oppenheimer ?

What about WWII movie about Brits that drop Little Boy ?

IMO they wouldn't have to ask anyone. But if they are making movie about true events why not stick to the truth ? Plain and simple. What if Nolan treated facts like that in Oppenheimer ?

What about WWII movie about Brits that drop Little Boy ?
Because the truth is always presented through the filter of the filmmakers. Every historical movie chooses some facts and changes or discards others. U-571 makes up more than most, and Oppenheimer is more accurate than most (though still with fanciful moments, such as the conversations with Einstein, and as many facts omitted as presented, which must always be the case).

Because the truth is always presented through the filter of the filmmakers. Every historical movie chooses some facts and changes or discards others. U-571 makes up more than most, and Oppenheimer is more accurate than most (though still with fanciful moments, such as the conversations with Einstein, and as many facts omitted as presented, which must always be the case).

Yes you are correct. And because makers of this film chose what they chose this film is ... as I posted fake.