Mar 2, 2009
UFC 101 Main Card
B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian
Forrest Griffin vs. Anderson Silva
Amir Sadollah vs. Johny Hendricks
Kendall Grove vs. Ricardo Almeida
Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Here's my picks,
Penn by TKO (their ground games will cancel each others out and BJ will pick him apart)
Silva by TKO (Not a good fight for Forrest, hopefully he pull out an upset, but i doubt it)
Amir by Submission (****, i dont know! had pick to pick someone)
Grove by Decision (their ground games should cancel each other out, so i think Kendall will have an advantage in the striking department)
the Dentist by Submission (this should be a battle! both guys bring it and usually dont leave it in the hands of the judges! with that being said i pick Neer just based on his toughness and experience in bigger fights)

Tough calls here.... the only one I can make with any kind of confidence though is BJ Penn. I think he'll take Florian, hope he does too, Florian is a douche.

I'd really like to see Forrest win as well, although he has a very tough opponent in Anderson Silva. I'll pick Amir as well, but just cause he's from Richmond.... the guy actually kinda fights like a girl.

I'm not much on Kendall Grove, plus I think the guy needs to man up and add 20 pounds to step up a weight class. I don't know his opponent so I can't really say who will win that one. Tough call with Neer as well, but I think he'll pull it out. If anyone has a chance to get knockout of the night, it's that guy.

I think Silva will beat Forrest. BJ will TKO Florian. You fellas believe any of these two main fight could have an upset?

Last edited:
His greasing crusade never amounted to much, but UFC lightweight champ BJ Penn won't rest until arch-rival Georges St. Pierre is busted for something. In a new interview with Yahoo! Sports, the Prodigy launched yet another explosive accusation:
"It’s just my opinion that he uses steroids. That’s it...I can’t hand you any proof, but that’s my opinion...In my opinion, he doesn’t play by the rules when it comes to steroids and growth hormones and that stuff. Look at him. He’s the worst. He looks like that every day. That’s cheating. There is a reason why there are rules against using steroids. The rest of us, we get fat, then we train and get skinny and the cycle goes over and over again. He looks the same way all the time. Come on.”

Allow us to float an alternate theory: GSP is bigger and stronger than BJ genetically, and works out all year long, and Penn is just saying these things to bait St. Pierre into a third fight that nobody wants to see except Penn himself. I mean, I can't hand you any proof on this, but it's my opinion.

Interestingly, the Yahoo! article in question is titled "Is B.J. Penn misunderstood?", and suggests that maybe he's not the spoiled crybaby that many fans think he is. But these baseless steroid accusations answer that question beyond a shadow of a doubt: No, he's not misunderstood. He's every bit the aggravating, in-denial whiner that we think he is. Give it up, dude. You have a fight in two days.

Semi-related: In this FightHype interview with Firas Zahabi, GSP's head trainer describes the welterweight champ as a "trainaholic" who won't leave the gym, and also reveals a compelling new addition to their camp:
"We have Jon 'Bones' Jones training here at Zahabi MMA and Tri Star Gym, which is my MMA club. So now we have Georges, if he has to get ready for Anderson Silva, he's got a great partner in Jon Bones. He's got the tall, lanky body type, he has incredible Muay Thai; a tricky style of Muay Thai as well and he has the reach like Anderson Silva. I think he would be a very good training partner for Georges if that fight ever happens. Of course, we're going to be training with him whether that fight happens or not. But yeah, we have Jon 'Bones' Jones joining us right now.

I'm going to do my best to mold him. We’re going to be working with Greg Jackson of course and the entire team that works with Georges St. Pierre will be working with Jon Jones. I expect a lot from this kid man. This kid is the real thing. I trained with him this morning and I’ve trained with a lot of fighters; this kid is the real thing. I see a lot of St. Pierre in him!"

Source: Cagepotato

This dude is talking out of his butt!