Listing on Zavvi UK is a USA import

Thread for this release is this one

@5t33lb0y
This is not a UK release

Blu-ray is Region A locked

It's a USA release from scream factory

Wow, Zavvi should really indicate on the product page if this is the case because I don't see that listed anywhere? Does makes sense though considering the new cut hasn't gone through the bbfc yet with release less than a month away.
That does make it seem much pricier since it's just the 4K disc without the new extras, but I was admittedly tempted to import the US release anyways to see the new cut so... can't complain? :confused:

Reactions: paulboland
Wow, Zavvi should really indicate on the product page if this is the case because I don't see that listed anywhere? Does makes sense though considering the new cut hasn't gone through the bbfc yet with release less than a month away.
That does make it seem much pricier since it's just the 4K disc without the new extras, but I was admittedly tempted to import the US release anyways to see the new cut so... can't complain? :confused:
Scream Factory releases are USA/Canada only

Zavvi UK been selling lots of USA imports in past few months some get removed after a few weeks and some remain
They don't list is a USA import nor do they list will ship from USA

The 4K UHD disc will be region free but the Blu-ray disc will be Region A locked as usual with scream factory releases

Scream Factory not announced the extras yet that will be in the next few weeks

Zavvi UK is meant to clearly list in product description it's a USA import and the seller is Zavvi USA and will be shipped by Zavvi USA from USA as in not shipped from UK to get around UK 1984 Video Recording Act

This is not getting a UK release at the moment

Amazon UK will have this listed also but they don't go live to order until after release date in USA and when live on Amazon UK will clearly be listed as USA Import with seller listed as Amazon US and Shipped by Amazon US
As in an order will be shipped from USA by Amazon USA and will be UK delivery address only in regards to Amazon USA Global Shop listings on Amazon UK
The listing on Amazon UK will be Amazon USA Global Shop
Price on Amazon UK when live will likely also be less than what it would cost to pre order from Amazon USA website it will include UK Vat and free shipping and price will be in UK pounds
When USA release date arrives and intock with Amazon USA UK customers cant order from Amazon USA Website they have to use Amazon USA Global Shop on Amazon UK Website instead

It's illegal for a UK retailer to sell and ship from UK DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases not BBFC certified
To get around the 1984 Act a UK retailer must clearly list a USA DVD/Blu-ray/UHD release is a USA import and order will not be shipped from UK in product listing

Last edited:
@5t33lb0y
This is not a UK release

Blu-ray is Region A locked

It's a USA release from scream factory

At the time of writting i didn't know that.
You can delete thread if necessary.

At the time of writting i didn't know that.
You can delete thread if necessary.
A mod can delete or merge or leave
I added note it's a USA import and Blu-ray Disc will be Region A locked

The issue beside Zavvi UK not listing these as USA imports and not listing an order will be shipped from USA is they often also don't mention when the Blu-ray Disc will be region A Locked
Some USA imports the Blu-ray discs can be region free but not all and when it comes to Scream Factory releases the Blu-ray Discs are region A locked
The 4K UHD disc will be region free but not the Blu-ray Disc
Some customers will just assume is a UK release as the listing on Zavvi UK don't tell them it's not

A customer who orders from Zavvi UK when they goto play the Blu-ray disc only then finds out they cant use that disc unless they happen to have a multi region Blu-ray player and not every customer has these