Ultraviolet digital copy help needed.

Jan 19, 2012
Wales UK.
Hey guys I am looking for some advice.

I have an steelbook from the US that comes with an Ultraviolet digital copy. I cannot access the copy as it states it is not available in my country.

Does anyone have any idea how I can work around that? I really want the digicopy as I did pay for it at the end of the day. Hope someone can help.

Mikey

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by a moderator:

I have an steelbook from the US that comes with an Ultraviolet digital copy. I cannot access the copy as it states it is not available in my country.

Does anyone have any idea how I can work around that? I really want the digicopy as I did pay for it at the end of the day. Hope someone can help.

Mikey

There really isn't a way around that. The codes are for the country of origin only.

Mikey

what movie is it

mikey there is a way around it - you need to go through a proxy, and DO NOT link your facebook account to your system.

basically UV checks your country of origin - if it's not US, it cuts you out - fox have also started doing this for their digital copies. but me personally - i have like 3 itunes accounts and 2 UV accounts - UK and US and Canada.

i can't send you a PM as I don't have enough posts.

You say 2 UV accounts .... sounds like you are saying you are able to use US and CA as one?

I tried a CA code the other day and it woudlnt work since im USA .... so perhaps they are starting to limit that too?

Argo CA wouldnt work for me.

as i said, you need to go through a proxy with two different email addresses - i use witopia for my proxys - i have three or four IPs in canada I can use as well as like 10 for US, and 3 or 4 in the UK, several others in europe etc etc.

Last edited:
I understand that.... but what threw me off is since you said you had 2 UV accounts and yet your getting UV codes for 3 diff Countries. So just by going through a CA proxy you can add those titles to your UV account. ie. will all your movies be in one place or do you need a UV account per Country.

Yes. Two different accounts with two different emails with one per country.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

(I only have US and UK UV accounts - don't need a Canuck one)

Reactions: Wreck
Someone on a another site sent me these directions and they worked. I redeemed 2 foreign UV codes.
The work around is this: Using an add on on Firefox called anomynoX (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...ddon/anonymox/) you can simply change your ip to a US/UK ip depending on what country the code is from, log into flixster like normal and redeem the code. This movie then stays in your collection and can be accessed normally. The use of anomynoX is for the redemption only.

Someone on a another site sent me these directions and they worked. I redeemed 2 foreign UV codes.
The work around is this: Using an add on on Firefox called anomynoX (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...ddon/anonymox/) you can simply change your ip to a US/UK ip depending on what country the code is from, log into flixster like normal and redeem the code. This movie then stays in your collection and can be accessed normally. The use of anomynoX is for the redemption only.

Thanks for this. Had a copy of The Town from the US that I've now been able to redeem.

Whoop :oohyeah: whoop :oohyeah:! It worked! Thanks for that! At least I can now benefit from a digicopy and the blu ray. I had to download firefox but it was pretty straight forward after that and I can even access the films in my UK collection so no need to even log into different accounts as my ipad has a flixter account which groups them all together. HAPPY DAYS! Thanks buddy. :oohyeah:

Birlliant!, Works like a dream, thanks so much for this!

Is there an add on like this for Safari, i have a mac

thanks in advance

Sorry for opening an old tread but I've got two UV codes for Home alone 1 & 2 from the Canadian 25th Anniversary box set. I used to use the anomynoX trick for US copies but does anyone know how I can do this for Canada? Many Thanks.

Thanks x3ntaur
I used Tunnel Bear, But when using google play it knew I was in the UK. I changed my address to a Canadian address but it still knew. I used fakenamegenerator.com to get fake name and address and debit card number but it fails to authenticate with a bank....
Not sure if anyone else has any ideas how to get round this :\ Bit stuck....