Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
Release: April 26th, 2016
Platform: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he's willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

From Gamesthirst.com:

Naughty Dog is now a two-game developing studio, The Last of Us and Uncharted IPs. Of the latter, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception was the last title to grace PS3, but we never doubted for once that Naughty Dog would continue the bestselling franchise on PS4.

But we hadn’t heard anything about the game until today, when Lost and The Lord of the Rings actor Dominic Monaghan spilled the beans while speaking today at a conference regarding his work on the live-action series for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

According to Monaghan, he simply can’t wait for the next Naughty Dog epic, hinting that he knows a thing or two about it.

“I’ll always stay focused on the gaming world and see what’s coming up,” he said. “The new Uncharted I’m really excited to see how that’s going to be and obviously both new gaming systems.”

Of course we knew that Sony held back some major announcements from its E3 presser because PS4 was being unveiled, and no one wants to debut their big game in the shadows of a next generation console.

GamesCom, maybe? Let’s hope so, but it’s good to finally get semi-confirmation that Naughty Dog is hard at work on one of the best franchises ever forged.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 369
Last edited by a moderator:
This is one game i never mind waiting for, you know it's going to be awesome no matter what. Maybe not as epic as a previous one, but still well done and highly enjoyable.

I still haven't played Uncharted 3 :emb:

But with a release date of December 2015, I have plenty of time to squeeze #3 in ;)

Hopefully the date gets bumped up and a steel is released.

The Unchartered games are superb, cannot wait to see what Naughty Dog do to bring Nate onto next gen

I have so many PS3 games in my backlog that the only way I'll buy a PS4 is for Uncharted 4. Naughty Dog's come so far since their Crash days.

This is great, and I am pretty excited to play another Uncharted game. However, I do feel we deserve a new Crash Bandicoot. Hell, those were among my favorite Playstation games back when I was still a squirt.

I am definitely looking forward to this. I wasn't a huge fan of the first Uncharted (the shooting mechanics felt off to me), but with 2, 3, and The Last of Us all being amazing, I think I'll be pre-ordering it.

If I didn't already have a PS4, this is definitely one game that would get me to buy one. That's without even seeing any gameplay or anything of the sort. I have so much faith in Naughty Dog to deliver a AAA+ game, that it wouldn't matter what they were making, I would buy it.

I need to check out the Uncharted series. I hear so many good things about it but Ive just never sat down and played one. I may have to pick up the first one cheap and see if I enjoy it.

Naughty Dog cannot do any wrong in my eyes.... Uncharted Series and The Last Of Us. I really cannot wait to see what they do with the PS4

Reactions: Troll2Fan
Loved the rest of the series and really can't wait for this one to come as well. If somehow I make it this long before purchasing the PS4 (unlikely to be honest) then this will make me pull the trigger without a doubt just to play this game... Trailer looks pretty intriguing as a teaser to get the interest going

Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley have taken control of Drake's next adventure

When Amy Hennig - the creator and writer of the Uncharted series - left Sony-owned developer Naughty Dog, the future of the franchise was left in question. Who would take control of the newly-announced Uncharted game for PlayStation 4? Now, thanks to an interview in Game Informer, we have an answer.

When asked by Game Informer if Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley - the game industry veterans who rose to prominence with The Last of Us - would help the project in transition, Naughty Dog Co-President Evan Wells stated that, “It's not so much of a transition period, actually. We've asked them to lead the project.”

Under Naughty Dog's loose two-team structure, Druckmann and Straley worked on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves before moving on to The Last of Us, while another team - headed up by Hennig and recently departed director Justin Richmond -- toiled away on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. So both men have plenty of experience with the Uncharted series.

Hennig and Richmond aren't the only high profile departures to happen in the last few months at Naughty Dog. The studio also lost its long-time lead character artist. Naughty Dog also opted to recast the villain in Uncharted 4. Hennig has since landed at Visceral Games and will be penning an upcoming Star Wars game. Sony told IGN that Hennig's departure - as well as others - is all part of the course of business.

PlayStation 4's Uncharted game - which hasn't officially been christened Uncharted 4 as of yet - is a likely candidate to be shown at Sony's E3 press conference, which is one week from today. Hopefully, we'll have more information on it soon.

SOURCE

Reactions: ocielz
Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he's willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will be available in 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocielz and MGD