Uncharted - In theaters February 18, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
1.50 star(s) Rating: 1.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Uncharted

Genre: Adventure, Action

Director: Shawn Levy

Cast: Tom Holland, Bryan Cranston

Plot: A descendent of explorer Sir Francis Drake uncovers the location of the legendary El Dorado. With the help of his mentor and an ambitious journalist he works to uncover its secrets while surviving on an island filled with pirates, mercenaries, and a mysterious enemy.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Uncharted ()

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Shawn Levy[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Holland[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE][/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A descendent of explorer Sir Francis Drake uncovers the location of the legendary El Dorado. With the help of his mentor and an ambitious journalist he works to uncover its secrets while surviving on an island filled with pirates, mercenaries, and a mysterious enemy.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
6ENdCNQ2oXU8gqYsXRNui5I8b2K.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]
Nathan Fillion keen on playing Nathan Drake in Uncharted film

Firefly star Nathan Fillion has expressed his desire to portray wisecracking hero Nathan Drake in the upcoming movie adaptation of Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune.

Fillion has publicly backed fans calling for him to step in to Drake’s shoes on his official Twitter page, commenting, "If ever there was a Twitter campaign, let this be it," he digitally bellowed. "Rise, ye Browncoats. Rise, ye Castillions. RISE!"

A staple of cult TV, Fillion has appeared in numerous shows over the years, including Robot Chicken, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Lost, in addition to lending his voice to a number of games including Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach.

As for the Uncharted movie itself, the project has recently nabbed a director in the form of David O. Russell, though it’ll be a while before it sees release, with only a first draft of the script penned by Tom Donnolly and Josh Oppenheimer having materialised thus far.

Mark Wahlberg signs up for Uncharted film

GOD D**N, PIECE OF S**T, MOTHER F**KING, IDIOT JUST DIE. Way to ruin a F**CKING movie.

Mark Wahlberg has revealed that he’ll be assuming the lead role of Nathan Drake in director David O. Russell’s forthcoming movie adaptation of Uncharted.

Speaking to the chaps at MTV Multiplayer, Wahlberg also let slip that the film is expected to begin shooting in summer 2011, and that roles are being penned for fellow Hollywood heavyweights Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro.

"David is one of the best writer/directors I've ever worked with," the actor commented. "The idea that he has is just insane. So hopefully we'll be making that movie this summer.”

"I'm obviously in whatever David wants to do but the idea of it is so off the charts: De Niro being my father, Pesci being my uncle. It's not going to be the watered-down version, that's for sure."

In related news, the third instalment in Naughty Dog’s celebrated treasure-hunting series is expected to receive its formal reveal at Spike’s VGAs on December 11, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for more info in the coming weeks.

They really need to listen to the fans like they did for Christian Bale for Batman and just cast Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake.

I like Mark Wahlberg fine but he can't bring likable/everyman personality to the role that Fillion could.

But the news of DeNiro and Pesci being in the film is definitely very exciting even though they're roles aren't in the video game.

Reactions: Ataneruo
They really need to listen to the fans like they did for Christian Bale for Batman and just cast Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake.

I like Mark Wahlberg fine but he can't bring likable/everyman personality to the role that Fillion could.

But the news of DeNiro and Pesci being in the film is definitely very exciting even though they're roles aren't in the video game.

DeNiero and Pesci in this film is utter garbage. Both are washed up and only "good" for their time... This isn't a gangster film.

Uncharted director says film will incorporate "family dynamic"

Director David O. Russell has spilled the beans on his plans for the forthcoming movie adaptation of Uncharted, revealing the action flick will contain a “family dynamic” and feature museum bigwigs being brought to "justice."

Chatting with the L.A. Times, Russell described the film as a “locomotive” and went on to reveal that things are coming along rather nicely, with the movie’s script being roughly half-complete.

“This idea really turns me on that there’s a family that’s a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities … [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice,” he said.

“We’ll have the family dynamic, which we’ve done in a couple of movies now,” he added. “And then you take that and put it on the bigger, more muscular stage of an international action picture, but also put all the character stuff in it. That’s a really cool idea to me.”

Not much else is know on the project at present, though last week we found out that actor Mark Wahlberg would be stepping in to the shoes of cheeky chappie treasure hunter Nathan Drake. Further casting details have yet to be announced.

Yeah that **** sounds lame ... they shoulda made a person direct it who is known for creepy **** or like a dark like directing style. ALmost like how mann did in Collateral ... tho it wasnt horror it just had an odd vibe to the movie, almost dark like ... a good way of build-up...

Build-up is what you need in uncharted 1 because it builds up tot he fact that
there are zombies

Uncharted Family Dynamic Storyline Debunked?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=72843

Joystiq has posted an interesting interview with "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception" game director Justin Richmond, who denies that Uncharted: Drake's Fortune movie director David O. Russell previously said the adaptation would feature a "family dynamic."

Russell was quoted by the Los Angeles Times that the movie would expand from the game to include Nate Drake's extended family. "This idea really turns me on that there's a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice," he reportedly said, adding, "We'll have the family dynamic, which we've done in a couple of movies now... And then you take that and put it on the bigger, more muscular stage of an international action picture, but also put all the character stuff in it. That's a really cool idea to me."

Richmond, however, said Russell denied saying this: "First of all, all that stuff was denied by David O. Russell... He actually called us up and was like, 'I don't know what these guys are talking about.'"

We're not sure how the Los Angeles Times could have gotten direct quotes from Russell wrong, so we'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

Richmond also said that Mark Wahlberg is not confirmed for the role of Nathan Drake yet. It was believed that Wahlberg was set for the role and that Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci were in early talks for roles.

In related game news, Richmond gave an update on "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception" as well. He mentioned that the animations will receive improvements in the third game. "We're doing some crazy stuff where we're actually going to stream some animations in... so Drake will actually change animation state based on what's happening... most of these animation changes are just like he's doing the right thing based on what's around him, rather than taking away player control. It's about making him seem more realistic."

Fist-fighting with multiple enemies will be added as well. "So things like a bar fight in the game -- you can put five or ten guys around him and actually have Drake punching them out."

A third new thing is that puzzles will now also benefit from physics-based improvements. You can read more on this in the full interview here!

Read more: Uncharted Family Dynamic Storyline Debunked? - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=72843#ixzz19VS2roBJ

the 3 year old bump.. but finally some movement!
not sure of source.

EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures Entertainment is negotiating with Seth Gordon to direct Uncharted, the live action adaptation of the top selling PlayStation vidgame series Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. This brings the Horrible Bosses and Identity Thief helmer back to his origins, where he helmed the celebrated documentary King of King and immersed himself in video game culture.

The most recent script of Uncharted is by Safe House scribe David Guggenheim, and the studio was hot enough on that draft that they set him to write Bad Boys 3. The project has had several prominent filmmakers involved over the years, most recently David O Russell, before he left to helm the Roven-produced American Hustle, a Best Picture Oscar contender. Next step is to find a protagonist to play Nathan Drake, the treasure and antiquities hunter and descendant of the famed explorer Sir Francis Drake. With a female journalist and his mentor by his side, Drake attempts to find the lost treasure of El Dorado. It is a big scale adventure film.

The film is an Arad/Atlas Entertainment Production, produced by Charles Roven, Avi Arad, Alex Gartner, and Ari Arad. The game was developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC. The intention of the producers and the studio is to get this into production later this year. Sony has long coveted the project for its tent pole potential. Jonathan Kadin and Hannah Minghella are overseeing for the studio. Gordon is repped by WME and Brillstein.

Director Seth Gordon is busy trying to get in as much work as he can on his returning hit "The Goldbergs" and his new NBC series "Marry Me" before his entire schedule gets consumed by the long in development adaption of the video game "Uncharted."

"I'm doing several of these ['Marry Me' episodes] here this summer. 'Goldbergs' too," Gordon tells Zap2it while promoting "Marry Me" at the 2014 summer TV press tour. "I tried to do a chunk at the beginning, and I want to do a chunk here too. It just depends when our actual ['Uncharted'] start date is actually declared, and then I'll back out as many episodes as I can do. I'm doing one 'Goldbergs' and two of these presently, and I'm hoping to do more."

A film of "Uncharted" has been in development since early 2008, with directors David O. Russell and Neil Burger both accepting the project and then eventually passing on it. Gordon is confident that "Uncharted" will finally get its movie adaptation this go around because of both its timing to the upcoming "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End" video game, as well the fact the team "just got the script to a really good place."

When asked when he expects "Uncharted" to go in front of the camera, Gordon says, "I think very early next year. That's the plan." Though that is months from now, he notes, "That's like tomorrow, essentially, because the prep is so complicated for the movie." Gordon says the setting of the movie will be "very international" and "all over the world."

Mark Wahlberg was previously attached to play the character of Nathan Drake, and Gordon says the production is still looking for an actor of Wahlberg's caliber. "I want it to be a great actor," Gordon says. "That's number one, and then if it's someone who has an actual jaw, that's even better. The game is so well done that you need it to live up to that. There's no way we'd do the inverse of that where it's somebody famous who can't [act]."

In his previous films "Horrible Bosses" and "Identity Thief," Gordon turned to well known TV stars like Jason Bateman, Melissa McCarthy and Charlie Day to play his leads. He says he's open to the same sort of TV actor-turned-movie star casting in "Uncharted."

"I think that worked really well for 'Horrible Bosses,'" he says. "Obviously, I'm a fan of that kind of transition. There's a lot of great shows on that expose me to actors I would not have known otherwise."

Few plot details have been revealed about the "Uncharted" script, but Gordon will say that it doesn't completely rehash Drake's story from the games. "It's going to honor the mythology of the game, but I would say honor some of the most interesting stuff from the first one and build from there," he says. "There's some stuff that isn't in the game."

Gordon continues, "I love the complexity and frankly the sophistication of the storytelling in the game, and we aspire to that -- but don't want to tell the exact same story, of course -- so something that doesn't break the rules of what it did but expands. Because I feel like the people who play the games and know them well don't want to just see the same story told. You want extra shades."

SOURCE

• Informative
Reactions: MGD
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database