Uncharted - In theaters February 18, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
1.50 star(s) Rating: 1.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Uncharted

Genre: Adventure, Action

Director: Shawn Levy

Cast: Tom Holland, Bryan Cranston

Plot: A descendent of explorer Sir Francis Drake uncovers the location of the legendary El Dorado. With the help of his mentor and an ambitious journalist he works to uncover its secrets while surviving on an island filled with pirates, mercenaries, and a mysterious enemy.

WOW that was SO GOOD!!! Fillion was 100% PERFECT! He was exactly how I expected he would be. I was grinning ear to ear the whole time.

Lang was alright as Sully. It worked. The girl playing Elena needs to go... Not a fan.
And the only other part that didn't work the best for me was the gun fight stuff. How they changed aspect ratios. I dunno. It was going so well until then and it pulled me out in that moment. But besides that, This was fantastic!!!

I hope Sony sees this and realizes the mistake they are making going with a younger drake in Tom Holland.

It would be awesome if this goes the way of Deadpool and it kicks it into full gear. Fillion is NOT too old. He's Perfect.
Damn K, all the same here. Sully was "ok", Elena=not at all and the gun fight ratio at 11:00 didn't work at all.

Gotta say the "haircut" joke was a pretty good Drake/Fillion crossover!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Gutted it only turned out to be a fan-made thing, but oh well... at least we got to see Fallion as Drake in some form. Sony are idiots for not originally signing him up, but even more so if they don't after seeing that short film. It was really well done... the cast were mostly all spot on and the jokes all hit, but Imagine how much greater it could be with a bigger budget!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Sony's Uncharted movie will be hitting during the holidays next year.

Sony has set a Dec. 18, 2020 release date for the video game adaptation, which stars Tom Holland as treasure hunter Nathan Drake. An Uncharted movie has been long in development, with THR reporting two years ago Holland was joining the project. In January it saw 10 Cloverfield Lanedirector Dan Trachtenberg come aboard, following the exit of filmmaker Shawn Levy.

The latest draft of the screenplay adapting the Naughty Dog video game is coming from Jonathan Rosenberg and Mark Walker. Uncharted is going up against Steven Spielberg's big budget West Side Story remake, which Fox is opening the same day.

via The Hollywood Reporter

Just read they're sticking with Holland and there's no mention of an older Nate... whilst I do think he's a good choice for a young Drake, I was hoping that wouldn't be the film's main focus and he'd only be in a scene or two (a la Uncharted 4).

...Would you rather have him as Nathan Drake? Cause I think Sully is the lesser of the two evils.

I saw someone post that Jeffrey Dean Morgan should have been cast as Sully and now I'm sad because that would have been really really good.
Nah, I'd rather he wasn't cast in this at all.

From CBM:
Having already lost previous directors Shawn Levy and Dan Trachtenberg, reports are coming in that the live-action Uncharted movie has hit yet another bump in the road on its journey to the big screen.

According to multiple sources, Travis Knight (Bumblebee) has been forced to part ways with the project. Apparently, star Tom Holland's commitment to returning to play Spider-Man in Sony's untitled July 16, 2021 movie -which is set to begin shooting next summer - may push Uncharted back from its current Dec. 18, 2020 date, leaving Knight no choice but to drop out.​

So… another delay...

this movie is never happening.

Sony needs to wise up and drop Holland. I like the kid, but come on. He is going to be busy with Spidey for a LONG time. He wont be able to juggle both roles.

Reactions: Noodles
this movie is never happening.

Sony needs to wise up and drop Holland. I like the kid, but come on. He is going to be busy with Spidey for a LONG time. He wont be able to juggle both roles.
Agreed. Any interest I had in this movie has now completely gone... it probably would've sucked even if it did happen anyway.

Reactions: vexred
Delayed again...

December 18, 2020 -> March 5, 2021

And I seriously doubt they will make that date either considering they have no director and haven't started filming yet.

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles and vexred