Untitled G.I. Joe Spin-off - In theaters October 16, 2020

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
'G.I. Joe' Character Snake Eyes Getting His Own Spinoff Movie (Exclusive)
View attachment 373697
Source: THR
Paramount Pictures has thrown a Joe spinoff movie featuring the commando into development, with Evan Spiliotopoulos, the writer of 2017's Beauty and the Beast and The Huntsman: Winter’s War, in talks to pen the script.

Brian Goldner is among those producing the feature based on the Hasbro toyline.

Snake Eyes is the silent ninja commando that first appeared in the 1980s as part of Hasbro and Marvel Comics’ relaunch of the toyline, dubbed G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero.

The character, who dresses in all black, never reveals his face and never speaks, stood out among the military anti-terrorist group and quickly established himself as the most popular. He had a special relationship with Scarlett, for a while the team’s only female member, and sometimes carried out solo missions with his pet wolf, Timber. His archenemy is Storm Shadow, a ninja who is also his blood brother.

Paramount has made two Joe movies, 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and 2013’s G.I Joe: Retaliation, with acrobatic actor Ray Park playing Snake Eyes in both.

Apollon

#TheLaw
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
New writers and a release date change:

Paramount Pictures is in early development on another G.I. Joe spinoff with Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles screenwriters Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec scripting.

Paramount has another G.I. Joe project on its slate. Snake Eyes, based on the Hasbro toy, is the silent, masked, ninja commando who is part of the original members of the G.I. Joe Team. The character was featured in 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and 2013’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation, played by Ray Park. The released date for this film was recently moved from March 27, 2020, to October 16, 2020.

via Deadline

From THR
Paramount has found its ninja warrior.
Crazy Rich Asians breakout Henry Golding is in negotiations to star in Snake Eyes, a G.I. Joe spinoff centered on the popular commando from Paramount in partnership with Skydance and AllSpark Pictures, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
4e34163e350bee9bf4798be44af8dd3a800db9ba.jpg

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database