Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Knock at the Cabin - In theaters February 3, 2023

Genre: Thriller

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

Release: 2023-02-03

Plot: Plot unknown.

‘Knock at the Cabin’ – M. Night Shyamalan’s Next IS an Adaptation of Paul Tremblay’s “The Cabin at the End of the World”​

Here’s a synopsis from Good Reads:

“Seven-year-old Wen and her parents, Eric and Andrew, are vacationing at a remote cabin on a quiet New Hampshire lake. Their closest neighbors are more than two miles in either direction along a rutted dirt road.

“One afternoon, as Wen catches grasshoppers in the front yard, a stranger unexpectedly appears in the driveway. Leonard is the largest man Wen has ever seen but he is young, friendly, and he wins her over almost instantly. Leonard and Wen talk and play until Leonard abruptly apologizes and tells Wen, ‘None of what’s going to happen is your fault.’ Three more strangers then arrive at the cabin carrying unidentifiable, menacing objects. As Wen sprints inside to warn her parents, Leonard calls out: ‘Your dads won’t want to let us in, Wen. But they have to. We need your help to save the world.'”

15144_tn.jpg

I just hope it's not like The Happening...
Although that was better, than Old.
Shyamalan is just falling backwards, each next movie is worse, than previous.
I think this is going to be a biblical thing and nothing like the happening but honestly Old was the last straw for me with him. This looks a bit better. Time will tell

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I liked Old for the most part and enjoy most of Shyamalan's stuff (bar the obvious lol), so am looking forward to this.

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Shyamalan is just falling backwards, each next movie is worse, than previous.

Not sure I totally agree with this... He's just inconsistent. He had such a strong start that a lot of his subsequent efforts just couldn't live up.
He actually had a time there where he stock was rising again when he released Split.

This does look interesting tho. Hope its good.

Was afraid I wouldn't like it, read that the ending or something was changed from the book, etc, but it turned out great! Emotionally manipulative, leads its viewer through the expected but welcome and well done steps of denial and acceptance, and there's a payoff, it doesn't 'just end' like someone said.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database