Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Untitled Star Trek Film (2023)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Matt Shakman

Release: 2023-12-22

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Must be old age but I've lost interest in the franchise. Happy to watch the classic stuff from the 60's and 90's. Zero interest in anything after that. To be fair I feel pretty much the same about 99.9% of TV and film these days. It must be an age thing. I can't even remember the last time I watched TV!

Must be old age but I've lost interest in the franchise. Happy to watch the classic stuff from the 60's and 90's. Zero interest in anything after that. To be fair I feel pretty much the same about 99.9% of TV and film these days. It must be an age thing. I can't even remember the last time I watched TV!

IF it were age thing wouldn't it happen to everyone ? No, it's your own thing. :whistle::naughty:

Nope it's not an age thing, there are millions of Trekkies out there that are head over heels for Star Trek, not to mention the entire conventions dedicated to just Star Trek. My uncle is a Trekkies just like I am and I'm 52 so you can never be too old to like Star Trek. :D

Nope it's not an age thing, there are millions of Trekkies out there that are head over heels for Star Trek, not to mention the entire conventions dedicated to just Star Trek. My uncle is a Trekkies just like I am and I'm 52 so you can never be too old to like Star Trek. :D
There's still conventions going?. I would have thought very few of the classic cast are about and the Next Generation cast are not exactly spring chickens. I know a few DS9 cast members passed away in a very short period of time a few years back.

Their preferred term is Trekkers.

It's either one look HERE. The one that I attended years ago in Houston, TX everyone was using the term Trekkie but only a few people that I came across used the term Trekker.

People who call themselves Trekkies don't have any self respect and don't know any better. It's also what non fans call the fans as an insult.

People who call themselves Trekkies don't have any self respect and don't know any better. It's also what non fans call the fans as an insult.
That's not true at all, all my friends are Trekkies. Maybe you should have been there the day I went to the convention, the guy that sold me the ticket had a pin on that said Trekkie, the lady I handed the ticket to at the door and handing out free lanyards asked me if this was my first Star Trek convention or if I was a die hard Trekkie. Five booth operators called themselves Trekkies and one called himself a Trekkie and had a pin on that said Trekker so there you go. Just so you know I've been a die hard Trekkie since I saw my first episode of Star Trek: The Original Series back in the 70s. I say it's more along the lines of people that say Trekkies have no self respect and say that non Trekkies call Trekkies out of disrespect. Man do you have it all wrong, you need to wake up and spell the universe. I would say that your probably a non Trekkie since you hate on other Trekkies such as myself so there you go. Haterz are gonna hate.

Also an FYI: Gene Roddenberry himself created the term Trekkie, so that’s that.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database